Tiger Motors new multirotor specific carbon fiber props

Dewster

They look nice, but I'll stick with my APC and Graupner props. I did the carbon fiber bit and ruined a perfectly good Hexa. One of my new technology carbon fiber props snapped after less than five minutes of flight time sending a good craft to the ground. Price does not guarantee quality. Stick with proven props and let someone else test 'em unless you have parts to spare.

Carbon fiber is brittle. There could be hairline fractures that could lead to total blade failure. The T-motors are nice. I'm just not jumping on the bandwagon for carbon fiber props.

kloner

Aerial DP
Ben, what are the major difference in cf vs wood props? my woodies chip up taking off and landing, help that? does it do anything for stability in flight? are they quieter or more efficient? curious

nicwilke

I've just received some 12x4.5's Tmotor carbon props. They are super stiff, super light, and super strong as you'd expect. They arent the normal resin shiny CF props, the seem like they have less coating and more matte finish on them. I like how the tips taper up, like a little wing tip. This is apparently to assist in less prop turbulance. I'll give a review once I've flown them this weekend, but need to get a die and thread my prop adapters bolthead as they dont screw down that far. Build quality is the best I've ever handled. The will replace Xoar Wood props if they fly any good.
One thing I did notice when i popped the tmotor prop onoto the existing prop while on the motor, its a bigger 12 inches than the Xoar 12 inches, nearly 12.5 inches I'd say, but will measure tonight.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I've just received some 12x4.5's Tmotor carbon props. They are super stiff, super light, and super strong as you'd expect. They arent the normal resin shiny CF props, the seem like they have less coating and more matte finish on them. I like how the tips taper up, like a little wing tip. This is apparently to assist in less prop turbulance. I'll give a review once I've flown them this weekend, but need to get a die and thread my prop adapters bolthead as they dont screw down that far. Build quality is the best I've ever handled. The will replace Xoar Wood props if they fly any good.
One thing I did notice when i popped the tmotor prop onoto the existing prop while on the motor, its a bigger 12 inches than the Xoar 12 inches, nearly 12.5 inches I'd say, but will measure tonight.

Were you guys getting the props ?

Squawk

Have you flown with these props already?
i'm curious for the results.

nicwilke

Yes, really well balanced and strong. They are oversized compared to the 12x5 wood xoars and you need thread that can close down on the prop adapters to about 3mm from base, or use spacers. I had to order them from tiger.
The tipped up edges apparently help displace prop wash, but I find they just make the craft feel agile.
View attachment 10868View attachment 10869View attachment 10870

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365149996158.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365149996158.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 312
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365150012154.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365150012154.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 301
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365150036510.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365150036510.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 327

Squawk

Thanks for your reply!
Those props do look sweet!!

But when you say "agile", do you mean too agile?
Or just right?

nicwilke

Thanks for your reply!
Those props do look sweet!!

But when you say "agile", do you mean too agile?
Or just right?

I've tried nearly every prop imaginable. The only props that I have not tried, but want to are the Xoar Resin Foam filled CF props, but never have. To date, these Tiger props are the best.
When I say agile, I mean they feel responsive. The hexa feels more responsive than APC's and Wood. You won't be disappointed. I've just ordered 4 pairs of 10x4's for my new build next week.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Squawk

Thanks for the reply!
I wonder how those Xoar Resin foam filled CF props would do, but they're too big for my okto.
Yeah, will learn about the Tiger props soon, they're on order..
Can't wait! :)