Throttle Stick - Sprung or unsprung

Fastrack

Hey guys,

I was hoping to get some input on this question.

I'm flying with a Futaba 8FG, Mode 2, currently with unsprung left stick. I installed the ratchet setup in it, however I'm still not convinced of the overall benefit of running this setup, rather than a sprung left stick.

I like the ratchet for landings, where I can setup a decent and then add one notch just prior to touchdown. Other than that, I'm always having to check the LED or look down at the stick to confirm position, which is especially annoying just after takoff. With my other radio, I can just release the left stick and everyone centers.

Anyone using sprung left sticks? If you are on Futaba, where did you get the spares to make it sprung?

Thoughts appreciated.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Smooth is best, just like playing a trombone, you get a feel for it after a while.

Pete

Fastrack

PeteDee, do you go smooth with spring or no spring?

Sent from my RM-892_apac_australia_new_zealand_267 using Tapatalk

Fastrack

Droider, what makes you say that? Is it just the ease of centering the stick to 50%? My theory is that the craft spends most its airtime at 50% so sprung makes sense to me....

Just modified my 8FGHS with the spring kit from Futaba. They are FREE! All you have to do is send an email with your name, radio model number, and mailing address to: support@futaba-rc.com or <!-- e -->service@futaba-rc.com

You will not get any reply to the email... a package will just magically show up in about 2 weeks with the parts necessary.

U.M.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Droider, what makes you say that? Is it just the ease of centering the stick to 50%? My theory is that the craft spends most its airtime at 50% so sprung makes sense to me....

EH.. I meant all my radios are sprung to centre..