The site will go offline at midnight tonight, est

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Howdy folks

We're going to be going offline tonight at midnight, approximately 15 hours from now. We expect to be back online Sunday night.

While the site will look similar to what we have now, and while you'll still be able to do all of the stuff you're doing now, how you do things will change due to the new software that we will be using. We will be available to answer questions throughout next week and to take suggestions, register bug reports, etc.

The old site has been good to us and I'll be sorry to see it go. A lot (and I mean a lot!) of time has gone into the site but it's time to refresh some stuff, make some changes and put ourselves in a position to be active and on top of things for years to come.

PLEASE PULL ANY VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM YOUR PM'S BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT JUST TO BE SAFE IN CASE WE EXPERIENCE A DATABASE CRASH WHILE MAKING THE MIGRATION.

Thank you!
Bart

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Awesome stuff Bart. Is there anything is mods knees to know or do when the new site goes online ie help you with any troubleshooting etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bartman

thanks [MENTION=6460]Carapau[/MENTION], if you guys could be online Sunday night or Monday getting yourselves situated it would be helpful to have additional people answering questions about how things work.

if anyone wants to see the software in use go to www.giantscalenews.com, register for an account and have a look around. everything is really well organized and always seems to be at the tip of your fingers where you'd expect to find things.

an awesome trick that the software has.....ever see a big long post and you want to reply to one point or sentence in the post? highlight that sentence in the post and as you do that a "Reply" button will appear right there by the highlighted text....click it and it will format a reply entry window with only the text quoted that you highlighted. you'll find little stuff like that all over the site. it's like vbulletin in a lot of ways but better in a lot more ways.

Bartman

thanks [MENTION=6460]Carapau[/MENTION], if you guys could be online Sunday night or Monday getting yourselves situated it would be helpful to have additional people answering questions about how things work.

if anyone wants to see the software in use go to www.giantscalenews.com, register for an account and have a look around. everything is really well organized and always seems to be at the tip of your fingers where you'd expect to find things.

an awesome trick that the software has.....ever see a big long post and you want to reply to one point or sentence in the post? highlight that sentence in the post and as you do that a "Reply" button will appear right there by the highlighted text....click it and it will format a reply entry window with only the text quoted that you highlighted. you'll find little stuff like that all over the site. it's like vbulletin in a lot of ways but better in a lot more ways.

Bartman

double post, i'm tired of fixing them! how does software just slowly become more and more buggy?

Bartman

Bad news folks....you'll have to find somewhere else to go for the next couple of days....i've been told by our developers that they'd prefer to have the site offline while doing the migration.

We'll send out an email when the site is back up.

Have a great weekend, see you back here Sunday night!
Bart

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
nooooooooooooo ..... cant.....live......without....

Okay, great stuff and excited about the new version. Best of luck Bart and the team.