The best CCTV camera for FPV?

abonto

Hello, what's the best CCTV camera for FPV? Good against the sun or light, more lines or TVL, weight & reliability. Although cost is another factor, but not a priority. Thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
my favorite is security cam 2000 pz0513 the best part or the reason why is the pixim processor rocks, has great color, good clear picture, can pick things out i can't see on normal hadII type cameras. there also not to expensive for what they are at $83 shipped i think. the only one i'd recomend higher but is about double and the same thing is the tbs 69

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
the difference is the low light dynamic range. it also blocks the sun and is super clear in dark to light to dark again. i got 10 of em in service from the biggest mr to the smallest wing

Tomstoy2

I have recently picked up the new 700vtl camera from RCMC and am totally blown away by it!!! So much better than the pz0513 I took off.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
what's the difference between the one you mentioned Kloner and this one?

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-SONY-SUPER-HAD-CCD-D%252dWDR-Color-Board-Camera-with-OSD-Menu-DNR.html

edit: there's actually some information on the page for the camera you quoted
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/p...F-Sensor-Chip-OSD-Camera-2.8mm-Wide-View.html

Bart, I run that very camera, I also have a lot of trouble trying to get it to produce a decent image. It would seem it has issues with bright lights and as Kloner mentioned, the better one is a lot better with bright light. I really wish I bought the better one and I may end up replacing the one I have right now...

Dean

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i just picked up two of the 690tvl for my fun fpv quad, i guess i'll give them a try and upgrade at a later date if i have to. :(

kloner

Aerial DP
do you got any captured feed to share tom? i'd love to see what your seeing. is it pixim or some other sensor? the pixim isn't quite as good in the dark as the tbs 69 but pretty dam close. I can fly in the cam way before i can see with my naked eye..... it's sketchy as hell sending off a 2000 watt plane in the dark like that, sketchy as hell

kloner

Aerial DP
just to look at more, this is sc2000 pz420, can see how the glares get it pretty hard....

then pz0513

Last edited by a moderator:

abonto

I guess, I'll save some more and get the PZ0513 right away, and save myself from regretting and upgrading later. Thanks guys!

Tomstoy2

So far Kloner's footage is pretty good (Thanks Kloner). But I would also like to see a footage of Tomstoy2 720tvl. Do you have one coming anytime soon?

Not soon, I'm afraid. I'm waiting for some replacement motors to show up, then I can start my testing of my uhf system.
Plus, there is no way I am going to fly.as.long as goose season is going on. A goose hunters motto, "if it fly's it dies". Best for me to wait instead of take the wrath of a load of #4 shot to my Hexa!

abonto

Do you have a link where you got it?

Not soon, I'm afraid. I'm waiting for some replacement motors to show up, then I can start my testing of my uhf system.
Plus, there is no way I am going to fly.as.long as goose season is going on. A goose hunters motto, "if it fly's it dies". Best for me to wait instead of take the wrath of a load of #4 shot to my Hexa!