Thanks for being friendly

dankers

I just want to say thank you for this forum and the great attitude of the people here. When we came along as a new project you were really welcoming and had great attitudes, wonderful!

Our project has been posted on RCGs, unlike here we did not do this and its already getting negative in only a few hours. Why is this? We had this there before and while I know some of the people have commercial interests, what is the issue on that site?

I am confused, it like we offer people something cool and rather than say thanks, they treat it like dog poo.

Kilby

I think you are dealing with a much more professional group of folks here. I rarely even go to RCG any longer because of this. I wouldn't let it get to you, they have a bunch of rude people there that have nothing better to do.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hear hear Kilby.. Dankers please you and your team feel at home here, never mind feeling like dog phoo, just PHOO PHOO THE COMMERCIAL SITES!

We have really tried to build a community here of total respect, from the newbie to the... sorry Jeeks! and that aint meant in any derogatory way.

Its really nice to feel free to chip into something you really have know idea about, but sometimes it helps put a totally different perspective on the thread.. AND know you aint going to get crucified for just showing an interest.

Dave

dankers

We were told by Mat that you guys rock, he was right and I love this forum. I am a little surprised by RCG, it used to be a cool site a few years back but have not been there for a long long time.

This site is FUN! Everyone here is passionate and genuine its great. You also get it, OpenPilot is a lot of real people's work that they are passionate about and there are many hours and sleepiness nights in it.

When we were working on CopterControl, James not only pulled an all nighter but an all weekender without sleep to get it done.

Anyway, what a wonderful and friendly community this is.

DDave

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
I`m new to flying generally ,and have only just started off with a Minsoo Kim quad,but the guys on here are really friendly as you say.
Just been reading up on your OP stuff....wow ,that`s another league,and so professional,keep it up.

CopterCam

Dave, It was obvious from the early days that certain individuals with commercial interests felt threatened by your project. Their vain attempts to thwart your efforts with negative input is childish behaviour to say the least and the release of the CC board is a testament of the resolve and excellence of the OP community.

I appreciate your collective effort and look forward to the release of the OP Pro FC in due course.

Sid

Stacky

Dont worry about RCG and Mat was right, even if he is a big nurses blouse! nah kidding.

We were told by Mat that you guys rock, he was right and I love this forum. I am a little surprised by RCG, it used to be a cool site a few years back but have not been there for a long long time.

DDave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm glad everyone feels at home here. The intent was to host a place where there wasn't any obligation to tip-toe around any topics and where everything could be discussed in the open, good or bad.
Though I'm not very good at making this site more productive monetarily, it is a commercial site (anyone need a GoPro?) but people wishing to advertise have to realize that it's in their best interests to offer great products and customer service as I won't limit comments regarding any shortcomings.
Multi-rotors exist in the dark corner of RCG's basement and I don't know why more people haven't jumped ship to enjoy the quiet sanctuary we've created here but it is what it is.
Thanks for the complements and thanks to our three fantastic moderators, RTRyder, Droider, and Matwelli. It would be a madhouse around here without them. :)
Bart

Crash

Defies Psychics
Dont worry about RCG and Mat was right, even if he is a big nurses blouse! nah kidding.

I think I know what that means but I still want it explained in non-kiwi English. :p

A search on youtube for 'nurses blouse' didn't help much.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

matwelli

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a big girls blouse

A male displaying percieved feminine characteristics through actions which cause his peers to think less of him.Being a big girls blouse is much worse than being just a girls blouse, thus it's highly insulting nature.Also used to force a man to do something they fear through peer pressure.

Chad:I don't want to to go sky diving while eating chilli.
Mike:Don't be such a big girls blouse.get in the plane and bring the chilli.
Chad:Fine...

matwelli

My biggest fear, and i have mentioned it before i think - it if we get an influx of the same sort of guys that ruin it at RCG.

On our local forum in NZ it is dealt with by the community

Any idiot turns up spouting this and that normally gets "dumped" on by 20-30 people, verry effective !

Anywhoo - loveing this forum, long may it continue !!!

(still trying to figure out how to ban bart :) )

dankers

Same on our forums, we are about fun and friendship and we must have a zero tolerance of the haters. Lets be real about it, the haters do what they do as they have little ability so they simple try to drag down others work to make it look less impressive.

What these guys don't realise is the first round of OpenPilot Pro/INS hardware will only be a limited amount while we gather good feedback, obviously these will be invite only sales and for the people that have been friendly and helpful in the past. Its things like people taking a small amount of time to add to the wiki and help other users. Its then easy to see who the good guys really are.

As a project we will evolve and adapt, given that some of the people have got high quality boards that have been sold at near cost and still don't appreciate it, we have to adapt to that.

I have had 7 PMs now on RCGroups all telling me to watch out for people and they all mention the same folks, I wonder if the negative guys actually realise that if you put out hate, you are going to simply get hated. I thought this was common sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Same on our forums, we are about fun and friendship and we must have a zero tolerance of the haters. Lets be real about it, the haters do what they do as they have little ability so they simple try to drag down others work to make it look less impressive.

What these guys don't realise is the first round of OpenPilot Pro/INS hardware will only be a limited amount while we gather good feedback, obviously these will be invite only sales and for the people that have been friendly and helpful in the past. Its things like people taking a small amount of time to add to the wiki and help other users. Its then easy to see who the good guys really are.

As a project we will evolve and adapt, given that some of the people have got high quality boards that have been sold at near cost and still don't appreciate it, we have to adapt to that.

I have had 7 PMs now on RCGroups all telling me to watch out for people and they all mention the same folks, I wonder if the negative guys actually realise that if you put out hate, you are going to simply get hated. I thought this was common sense?

I'll just say this and then move on, the moderators here know who the trolls and troublemakers are, most of us are on other forums as well. Anyone is free to create an account here and participate but if the type of behavior going on over there also comes here then the offender will get one warning. If they persist they get banned, permanently, leave the attitudes and BS at the door we don't want it here.

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
..........I wonder if the negative guys actually realise that if you put out hate, you are going to simply get hated. .............

excellent point.
and what Ken said as well, I stand by it. bad attitudes aren't welcome here.
Bart

Cabe

mNSkg.jpg