Testing DJI 30A ESC's?

I have an issue currently on my F550. Either one or more ESC is flaky, or I have a flaky motor. I'm betting it's not the motors as they are all brand new Avroto's just received from Patrick at Aerial Media Pros.

IS there a simple way to test an ESC without removing it? I hate to go fishing ....replacing one after another in search of a culprit.

....sT

Chalagi

If they are the stock ESC's then you might do well by resoldering the connectors. I have heard that they are sometimes not the best joints.

jforkner

If they are the stock ESC's then you might do well by resoldering the connectors. I have heard that they are sometimes not the best joints.

Can you please explain how to do that.

Attachments

• 51-257-large.jpg
    51-257-large.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 209

DesJardins

Which ever arm is dropping out, change just the motor with the opposite side to see if it's the ESC or more commonly the bad solder joints on the stock motors bullet connectors.

Dubliners

Can you check the current out of an esc with a meter and compare the current out of the troublesome one. Seems like that would be a good indicator?

Which ever arm is dropping out, change just the motor with the opposite side to see if it's the ESC or more commonly the bad solder joints on the stock motors bullet connectors.

Yes, well.....as I said, I am not using the stock motors. I am using the Avrotos. I have replaced the ESC and also re-soldered the bullets on the Avrotos on the arm that is dipping (#6), but neither had any affect on my problem.

I am starting to run out of ideas.

....sT

Swap two motors from opposite sides of your multi as suggested previously. If the problem moves with the motor position change, you then know the issue is with the motor or bullet connector ends. If the issue doesn't move with the motor swap, then the issue is with the ESC or the controller. Then swap the two escs to troubleshoot further. If troubleshooting leads you to the controller.... perform an impedance test on each of the 4 or 6 controller outputs.

If troubleshooting leads you to the controller.... perform an impedance test on each of the 4 or 6 controller outputs.

Well, I certainly have not gotten that far as yet. However, just for personal edification.....could you tell us what the impedance test is?