Team Blacksheep Discovery build

Vortex

the pixim 690 is the tbs 69 without a firmware upgrade. in all honesty, i have 6 pixims now and will never try anything else. They just work, have a super clear picture and i can fly em anytime, in any direction and can see like a hawk. They make it so easy to follow something air to air or air to ground

this is a pixim

on sale right now for $67 to your door

Ferk Kloner that is the clearest FPV footage I've ever seen!!! How did you get it so clear without any interference??

Thanks,

Lance

Last edited by a moderator:

DesJardins

Do you know of any small FPV dedicated cams that pull Audio as well?
After having my headset and being able to listen to the quad this last month I don't know if I can fly without some sound in my left earbud. :-/

makes it nice to hear motors/wind...etc

DesJardins

Thanks, wasn't sure if those could be added to any small cam.
I'll have to get the info on wiring when it all arrives

DesJardins

Time for me to get started next week if not earlier!

5EDB0149-AE5A-498B-8A7C-220B0166E7C4-1071-000000697CC98CA4.jpg

B56A499F-9F50-4F21-B53E-5C365342FF73-1071-000000697EEAE672.jpg

4DFDC643-109D-4AC9-A520-346E287944E2-1071-000000697A7AD6CE.jpg

DesJardins

I think I'll wait to get started until I decide on a CCD/Pixim cam... I only want to do this once.

As much as I want to transfer everyone over and have it done tonight it's not worth the rush

kloner

Aerial DP
Gotta get this thing in the sky so i quit jerkin off wondering what it's like.......

DSC01212%20%281024x575%29_795.jpg

Waitin on a distro board, but everything else is here,,,

pixim dude,,,,, $67 no brainer. I have 2 in the mail right now,,, if you want this ccd your welcome to it for free as soon as them get here. I used the gopro live feed for a while on mine till i figured out about them cameras. Now i don't wanna fly anything without it..... 6 fpv models all the same cam but different lenses. Got 2.1, 2.8 & 3.6mm

Kloner thanks for the heads up on the Pixim bought it on your recommendation & saved lots of $$$ over the TBS 690. I do have another question since you must be the Guru of FBV quads... I need to get another VT what is the best vid transmitter and what frequency ? I have the immersion 600 setup on a quad now but I notice that it looses signal a lot..I see by your vid that yours is rock solid way out..

kloner

Aerial DP
i only use one kind for craft to GS, lawmate 2.4 vtx and either an immersion duo2400 or the lawmate vrx on a tracker. All my quad vids are the immersion on pair of 3db crosshair

DSC01342%20%28575x1024%29_795.jpg

but once the signal is on the ground, use the immersion 5.8 vtx out of both setups. from there got a 7" with a 5.8rx, 16" with 5.8 rx, and used to have the fatshark with built in 5.8. when i toss something up at Daves and look back, got alot of passengers...... there'll be 2-5 guys leaning against the fence with goggles on heads in various attitudes.... fun way to do it

DSC01346%20%281024x796%29_795.jpg

on that pic, see half way up on the tripod under the antennas theres a rubber duck sticking out sideways, thats the 5.8 transmitter, top of monitor, same thing..... without that, you got wires going every which way. The way it is, i can put the tracker up on a hill and go miles from it if i want to to fly from. This was after i'd tried everything else, in all kinds of brands. Hands down no question this is the best system for my area. You can get interference, but ch 5 and ch8 cleans up all the spektrum/jr/futaba static. I fly around every type of 2.4 out to frsky and none of em interfere with any of this setup. I'd hazard to guess, you could fly these on ch5 or ch8 and not have any problems with said 2.4 transmitters. They come locked out to ch1-4 only so you gotta break the glue to get to 5-8

on ch5 can go up on my roof and sweep the area around my house and pickup 3 video cameras, like at peoples houses, wireless type...... all outside looking at stupid stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesJardins

Thanks Kloner, I ordered one of these cams so when it gets here I'll probably big you to make sure I set it up right.
although 4 wires should be simple enough, lmao

kloner

Aerial DP
it only uses three but def hit me up and i'll point you to the pics you need. positive, negative and the video feed. I guess that mic you wanted will go on there somewhere seperately on the input side. The cam comes with an osd cable with like 10 wires. You pull all but three out or use the pieces and parts if trappy is still shipping those short audio/video cables in your kit..... You gotta mix and match ends, un plug em all then plug em into the right ends with the wires in the right spot.....

DesJardins

Gotcha, I'm guessing I'll forget the mic... I should learn to fly without them.
unless everybody uses Mics like I am used to with the Gopro

kloner

Aerial DP
can't.....

when you transmit the sound, your essentially transmitting noise and that will lower your range...... if nothing is in the audio channel (all mine) they work best. only reason i'd use it is to use ezosd with a tracker.... it transmits the data in that left audio ch.