Team Blacksheep Discovery build

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
yeah all do it need a project, keeps me from going out too much :) Just wonder what the distribution on the bottom plate of the Disco is rated to amps wise.

daniel

Hi
ive been reading this thread , it is amazing this Discovery quad....

Can you help me find a place to buy this setup?

i went to blacksheep website but looks like it is down......not working.

can i buy a complete setup??

what UHF system is used by everybody? dragon link or EZuhf?

trhanks a lot

daniel

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebas600

I've just got my carbon version of the disco. Ordered it long ago and only just arrived That will take more punishment than the disco but no internal distribution.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
i actually have 6 2826's axis unused at the moment :) nah want to go for the x8 for the fun of it. Gonna use 8 KW2 http://www.kopterworx.com/Motor-Servo-and-more/KW2-pro-+-5mm-adapter with some 10 inch graupner and ESC32 which are my favorite ESCs for small birds at the moment http://autoquad.org/esc32/.

Just took of the landing thingis from the standard DJI arms and they still seem stiff enough. Some additional plate to the bottom to mount the two motors should do. Just worried about using a NAZA knowing that at higher speeds with certain gains to get the back and forward swings. Will start of with a gaza and see what happens.

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
it's on deal extreme

daniel, you can get them from getfpv.com, but your best off straight through trappy. they have arfs ready to ship..... the thing is designed around ezuhf.... but they all should work.

Borris, i bet trappy knows, he'll tell ya

Sebas600

Hi
ive been reading this thread , it is amazing this Discovery quad....

Can you help me find a place to buy this setup?

i went to blacksheep website but looks like it is down......not working.

can i buy a complete setup??

what UHF system is used by everybody? dragon link or EZuhf?

trhanks a lot

daniel

Depends on where you live...

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Boris,

I'm starting sales on Tiger Motors for the EU
Waiting for the order to arrive.
This will include the 2216 900kv motors

The carbon frame is no longer on sale.
Was told I got the last one, but it's still on the site!
Got it looking like crap. had to sand the whole thing.
The arms are a lot like the DJI but the motor mounting part is not as good.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/reptile-...icopter-450mm-wheelbase-quadcopter-frame.html

ah okay cool what you shops page ?

Thanks

Boris

daniel

Thanks for your help Kloner!!!!

it's on deal extreme

daniel, you can get them from getfpv.com, but your best off straight through trappy. they have arfs ready to ship..... the thing is designed around ezuhf.... but they all should work.

Borris, i bet trappy knows, he'll tell ya

Sebas600

So I was modifying a couple of esc's with a bec to opto.
But the I tought why do I have to use the - as well?
All the stuff runs on the same lipo.
Is this even necessary to do?

Is it possible to just use the signal wire???

Jackella

sorry for all the questions Kloner,my Disco plates arrive tomoz.
regarding your FPV cam mount,metal bolts with no vibe probs?

kloner

Aerial DP
on mine, i loosened the lens mounting bolts and put the g-10 cam mount in front and put it all back together. then the g-10 has a dab of welders glue just to keep it from shaking where it press fits together. it is just contact adhesive

the hd cam floats on a bed of soft with an even softer rubber band over it.

Kloner ..great build thread..One question I have is there any reason you went with the pixim 690 camera over the TBS 69 FPV? Just wondering Im getting ready to put my disco together and would like to get the best camera for the $$$$

kloner

Aerial DP
the pixim 690 is the tbs 69 without a firmware upgrade. in all honesty, i have 6 pixims now and will never try anything else. They just work, have a super clear picture and i can fly em anytime, in any direction and can see like a hawk. They make it so easy to follow something air to air or air to ground

this is a pixim

on sale right now for $67 to your door

Last edited by a moderator: