TBS Discovery Pro or QAV540g?

VIQuad

I'd do a TBS Disco Pro...but then again I dont want to wait 6 wks to get one....then wonder after all that time if its going to have issues, during and after the build.(quality control, gimbal issues)

And looking at the QAV540G....nothing is in stock either.

haha!... everyone is better off just building all the own original sh*t in this hobby.

Nothing is ever in stock :D

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
you guys are shopping during the off season

I'd go disco and our new arm kit......anything from 2216 up to 3520, it's amazing. the 540 is cool though, just not my cup of tea

i.php

that's all 4s with 9" props and 900 kv 2814 motors on the disco pro kloner special

Stacky

Have a look at the Spidex from Quaternium. You can get it with the gimbal and it is a truly plug and play gimbal. No tuning needed for the gimbal, no software needed to install. It simply works. The only thing is that if you get the V1 or V2 versions swap out the aluminium arms for something of your own as they use a heavy aluminium. There is a new Spidex mini but it does seem pretty expensive.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Kloner that rig is bad ***! I love the arms. Man I gotta build one of those.
I have one of these Sky Hero Spiders for a review sitting on my desk. I'm just doing a QUAD version on 4S.
After the review I'm going to make it into an FPV rig... 30mm arms and German carbon I have to admit the frame is SICK. Really creative.
View attachment 14233

Attachments

• spyder1v2.jpg
    spyder1v2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 222

VIQuad

I can't imagine how much business and reputation I'd lose if I told my clients they were shopping during the "off season"
and that I couldn't fill their orders. :D

you guys are shopping during the off season

I'd go disco and our new arm kit......anything from 2216 up to 3520, it's amazing. the 540 is cool though, just not my cup of tea

i.php

that's all 4s with 9" props and 900 kv 2814 motors on the disco pro kloner special

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I can't imagine how much business and reputation I'd lose if I told my clients they were shopping during the "off season"
and that I couldn't fill their orders. :D

I think you have to try imagining harder, it would be a lot. :highly_amused:

kloner

Aerial DP
When you get into a hobby with places like tower and horizon then make the turn for the likes of tbs and Immersion, yea, theres an off season. yea, there is no way they can sell as many as they can cause it'll never be enough, but yea, welcome to the world of fpv...... it's almost like a meter to keep too many mistakes from being made from such an available powerful piece of gear... there amazing, and very hard to get. it is one of the only classified sections that the stuff holds value, sometimes they want more cause there is no others on the planet..... i've bought it that way in distress and no other options. We try making a living using this kinda of gear, it's a challenge

VIQuad

I understand completely.

I was just giving my prospective as a business owner myself, who prides itself on delivering a great product and impeccable service at all times, year around. After years of adopting that mentality its hard to accept seeing it in other areas of business.

But I understand what you are saying.

kloner

Aerial DP
it is weird and more frustrating than anything,,, but when they got what you want you stand in line with hands out...... I hoped moving tbs to china was gonna make this all a thing of the past..... must be some powerful toke that just keeps it from getting done