TBS Discovery, FPV Quadro from Team Blacksheep based on DJI Parts

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
can one of you check if these fit onto the dji arms want to switch over to the TBS setup

thanks Boris

AXI2217.gif

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
and has one of you checked which range you are getting with an immersion ezUHF on the TBS frame ?

Thanks

Boris

meme

Hi Kloner:

TBS Core
TBS 69 FPV Cam
Tuned Lawmate 500 mw VTX
EZUHF
Naza with GPS
Graupners 10"

looking for some Motors to replace the DJI 920s

View attachment 4799

cheeers, meme

Attachments

• 20120619_221837.jpg
    20120619_221837.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 346

meme

Hi Boris,

Yes, those Axis will fit!
i use EZUHF on my Wing and made 10+ km. I was told that some Guy from TBS made 2 km with the Discovery, i will hopefully maiden it tomorrow, if everything works fine i'll try to reach 2 km in the second flight :pig:

meme

Thanks Meme,

cool than i will order one. My Vc 450 is to cramped up with stuff on it and the TBS frame with the integrated stuff just seems more thought through. Which atennas are you using on the EZUHF and are you using the http://team-blacksheep.com/products/product:118 Tin Shield ?

Thanks

Boris

Cool, you'll see, the TBS Frame is really clean, love it! U need some screws (16x M3 (short ones for the Spacers) and long 2mm ones for mounting the FPV Cam))
I've got new Antennas from TBS, but this are not the ones in the Pic.
I have the Shield, and damn... you reminded me, i forgot to mount it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
just ordered. This Immersion OSD full is a waste of cash. The TBS core is completely enough for a FPV quad setup ! End of july Naza will have PPM so only one cable to the EZUHF

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
that's good to hear, i hope it's more configurable than the sbus that's there. i had a spektrum rx with sbus and ch1 and 3 were crossed up with no way to change it

Yea, all you need is the rssi for a quad, just remember where you came from

I'm switching over to ezuhf, can't take any more of the DL BS......... what a joke that was to deal with

kloner

Aerial DP
probably is, but the guy making them needs to let retailers service his customers. i've waited and waited. they don't answer emails, don't answer there support thread, i'm over it.

bought my system 3-28, then a sec rx 2 days later. got the system early may, still no sign of the second rx, but a rx i bought 3 days ago is sitting here. after 10 posts on his support thread he acknowledged me then ended it with a question, that he has all the info too if he'd just look at the receipts. horrible service, can't support/sponsor that. the 30+ emails i responded to him emailing me never got through. runs a business on a hotmail account.

meme

Hello all,

i've had the maiden today and i am very happy with that Copter! It was late and becoming dark so i had only little time. I needed one Lipo to solve some Issues with the Naza GPS, had a lot of Drift in GPS Mode, after repositioning the Antenna and recalibrating the Compass it worked fine.
-I flew the DJI 920 Motors with 4s 3300 Nano`s and 10" Graupners at 26 degrees temperature, both Motors and Lipo went warm, but not hot, i had 8 minutes of flight time with 23% left.
-The Naza GPS locks much faster than the WKM (20 seconds vs. 3-5 minutes)
-TBS 69 with Core works great as expected, also the LM 500 mw VTX, i covered 800 meters with omnidirectional Antennas on VTX and RX, no Snow or Lines in the Image wich was still perfect.
-I forgot the SD Card for the Gopro, so, no Video and no Idea how much Jello or Vibras will be in the Footage.
-It flys like a F450 in Manual and Atti Mode, i see no big difference, maybe the Discovery is a little more nervous in Jaw, the Gains was 170/170/150/120/100/100 today.

cheers, meme

View attachment 4852View attachment 4853

Attachments

• discovery2.jpg
    discovery2.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 265
  • discovery1.jpg
    discovery1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 274

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ah very nice can't wait to get mine ! Meme what does your RSSI state when you are 800m out ? I am completely confused by the values given. What the max RSSI value one can go before it goes critical ?

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
In general rssi is all about how you set it up and there all a little different

if i'm not mistaken the core is based off ezosd....... ezosd and ezuhf use a digital rssi or quality signal. Everything else uses analog. if you are using a different uhf system and need rssi, you need a converter from that cat over at fpv labs, mictronics

on an eagle tree, you can set it so 100% is full signal, then you can either turn it off and let off be 0% or walk it out to right where it starts glitching and reset 0 to be that. I general, you start seeing 20-30% it's past time to turn it around and hang on when you bank her around

when you walk it around and range test, you see what is and isn't critical. in a naza, failsafe comes on or not in a flash and you notice further away, higher works better so always keep that in mind

what r/c system you using

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I have the ImmersionRC EzUhf setup and i am confused because all i have on my OSD is a RSSI value that increases the further the bird is away. But i have no clue how high it is allowed to go and i can't find any reference. You can set an alarm when it reaches a certain amount but no clue what that amount should be.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ah thanks didn't see that. But I am going to get rid of the Ezosd anyways and only use the core. MEme if you have the time enlighten us if the core also has to be calibrated etc.

Thanks

Boris

plingboot

if you look in the ezosd manual, you'll see that the rssi calibration is only required for analogue connections, if you're connecting to an ezuhf receiver with the IRC rssi cable the calibration process is NOT needed.

i'm also foxed by the rssi numbers.

i few my naza/gps equipped ht-fpv again last night and had rssi values from 25 to 52, 0 bad and 100 on the right. ALARM flashed once, but i have no idea what any of that means. add to that little info on tuning antennas for uk legal 459mHz and it's all a bit vague.

the flight was simple - quad about 5m infront of me, then straight up to about 40m where it hovered in gps mode.

hugy

This will make the rssi values of the ezuhf a bit more clear.

The two values on the left are rssi values, they show the received signal strength in db. And they are negative values. So the higher they are the weaker the received signal is. Every 6db is doubling your range, so at twice the range you should see a increase of about 6db. The number next to it is the amount of failsaves you had. And the number all the way on the right is the signal quality. This should stay at 100 or very close to it. You have al these numbers because you could have great signal strength but still have a very bad signal quality. At about 90-100 rssi the signal quality will drop and when it gets to low you will get a failsave and it will say alarm. This is offcourse only with the ezuhf-ezosd link.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
ah great thanks that clears it up. So what going on with the poor guy in the video 500m and that was it ?

Boris

hugy

He had a 30db attenuator on his tx. Reducing the range by a factor of 32. This was just a video to compare the antennas. And make it clear how the numbers work. With the help of the attenuator he didn't have to walk that far.