XAircraft Tarot t810 Hexacopter Frame

Aerovideo

Hello Fello SuperX users!

As some of you may know I'm looking to build a hexacopter to carry my nex5 camera with brushless gimbal.

I've been looking at the Tarot t810 folding hexacopter frame as portability is important to me especially on a copter this huge! Something I noticed however is that the center plates of the t810 have a big hole in the middle thus there's no place to put the SuperX which is my understanding that it likes to be in the exact middle.

Is anyone else using this frame? How did you solve the hole problem?

I was looking at getting the frame, landing gear, motors, and escs from the Foxtechfpv web site. It looks to be a pretty decent deal if the motors are of good quality.

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/tarot-t810-hexacopter-artf-combo-p-1117.html

Thoughts?

Any and all appreciated :)

Electro 2

T810 have a big hole in the middle thus there's no place to put the SuperX which is my understanding that it likes to be in the exact middle.
Is anyone else using this frame? How did you solve the hole problem?

My 1000mm frame has a hole in the middle, too. Move the IMU forward slightly to the edge of the hole, set pitch gain 0.1 lower than the roll gain and you're done. Easy fix.

ross_badger

Attachments

• superx_hex7.jpg
    superx_hex7.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 480

SamaraMedia

Ross, I have a Rusty's hexa as well, just curious, how do you keep your motors/mounts level? Straight edge, spirit bubble? Do you have a hole drilled into arm and mount for orientation? Any particular reason your receiver is outside the dome?

Thanks,

John

ross_badger

Ross, I have a Rusty's hexa as well, just curious, how do you keep your motors/mounts level? Straight edge, spirit bubble? Do you have a hole drilled into arm and mount for orientation? Any particular reason your receiver is outside the dome?

Thanks,

John

I just use my eyeballs to look from the end of each arm and line up the motor mount flat with the main frame flat. I'm not sure that any additional accuracy would really do that much good :)

I mounted my receiver outside of this dome since I always want the diversity antennae to be at 90 degrees from each other. It is just easier to mount it outside. In the past, I have mounted it under the dome and drilled 2 holes in the dome for the antennae to poke out through. That worked well and added a high degree of protection.

Ross

Aerovideo

I've got a ton of Rusty's frame parts and have made all sorts of copters with them. In fact my current quad with the SuperX on it has a Rusty's plate under the FC :) I guess I could do the same on a hex.

By the way Ross, your domes look awesome!

Since I'm guessing a hexacopter is going to be huge I decided I wanted something that folded for easier transport. Thus my search for a foldable hex.

Still haven't decided yet.

Stacky

Thanks,

John

I put a dvd or cd on each motor and then put a spirit level on that and check it as I spin it around.

rwilabee

You have to make sure that the props for the bigger motors will not be to big for whichever quad you would pick. The bigger motors sometimes take 14 to 15 inch props and might hit each other when spinning.

Aerovideo

Well I went ahead and ordered the Tarot T810 Hexacopter. I ordered it with the Tarot motors, props, and opto escs. It was a combo deal from Foxtech.

Now I'm hoping I can sell off some stuff to get enough funds for another Super X :)

ross_badger

Well I went ahead and ordered the Tarot T810 Hexacopter. I ordered it with the Tarot motors, props, and opto escs. It was a combo deal from Foxtech.

Now I'm hoping I can sell off some stuff to get enough funds for another Super X :)

Good luck Paul! Keep us informed of your build!

Aerovideo

Well it arrived yesterday but naturally I wasn't home to receive it so I had to sign the note and leave it for today's delivery. Hopefully when I get home this evening it will be there ready to be built! Woohoo!

Aerovideo

Paul...how's it going with that Tarot build? What do you think of the quality of that frame??

David

This is a pretty beefy, sturdy looking frame. I have it mostly assembled and I think this will end up being a nice airframe. Unfortunately, I've run into one problem. I tried tightening down the thumb screws that lock the arms in place and that worked really well and they screwed down pretty easily. Oddly enough, when I went to loosen the thumbscrews they got in a bind and I had to use pliers to get them out. Two of them snapped and the other two stripped. I used a 4mm Hex Head bolt instead of the thumb screws and was able to re-thread the holes and they seem to be working but the thumb screws are all ruined. I've not seen this happen to anyone else so it's probably something I've done or just my bad luck :(

djiflyer1

Hi,
i just finished my t960 build. First five min in the air. Very nice.
t motors 340
Maytech 40 opto s.k.
gryphon power board
A2
18"
6s 5000

4170 gr.

I ordered a second center plate for the esc's this way it is more clean.
To come:
retracts from foxtech hopefully next 3days...
gimbal I haven't decided yet . Most likely zenmuse.
camera to many to decide.. Gh2 with hack, nex 5, or BM pocket..

what gimbal, camera do you guys use?

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

I've got mine mostly assembled although I made the mistake of ordering my retractable landing gear from GoodLuckBuy and don't have it yet. Those guys are slow as can be... ugghhh.

I have the RCTimer ASP Nex5 3 axis gimbal and it fits the gimbal mount rails perfectly.

I purchased my Tarot T810 from FoxtechFPV as a kit with the Tarot motors and 30amp Hobbywing Opto ESCs, hopefully that combo will work. I've got 15" props and a couple of 6s 5800mah Zippy compact batteries to try.

I won't be able to fly until I get the landing gear though. I haven't mounted my ESC's yet but was going to mount mine under the motors, I hope that works okay.

Feel free to post some pics, would be good to see other setups.

Aerovideo

So I'm looking into OSDs for my Heavy Lift Hex and am a bit concerned. The EZUHF maxes out at 4s but has a 100amp current flow sensor. Most others I've seen like the TBS PNP Core have only a 50amp current flow sensor even though they support up to 10s batteries.

My guess is that with 6 motors possibly pulling as much as 30amps each that I would need a current flow sensor capable of at least 180amps, does that even exist?