Tarot T810 build with Pixhawk FC

Old Man

As I moved the Pixhawk in various attitudes and locations the motors (armed of course) would auto respond in roll and yaw. The responses did not seem large but without props the amount of response was pretty hard to gauge. It's quite likely mine was reacting to the original positional calibrations. The note to 3DR should provide a lot better clarity than I can give you with this.

mackar

As I moved the Pixhawk in various attitudes and locations the motors (armed of course) would auto respond in roll and yaw. The responses did not seem large but without props the amount of response was pretty hard to gauge. It's quite likely mine was reacting to the original positional calibrations. The note to 3DR should provide a lot better clarity than I can give you with this.
I can understand that the motors react when you move the Pixhawk, it will feel the g-forces while you move it and think that the multirotor is moving so it will try to compensate that. Anyway hope to get a more clear answer from the support than "near COG" :)

mackar

Just got an answer from 3RD support
"The reason the recommendation to place the Pixahwk in the center of gravity of your vehicle is so that, in regards to most multirotors, that is the furthest point away from the motors, so the vibration is less likely to be transferred on to the Pixhawk, thus affecting it's performance mid flight." So I guess I'll keep the Pixhawk where it is now.

Old Man

You do know that as soon as you have that dialed in I'm going to be badgering you for your PID settings, right?:)

mackar

The build has been really slow the last few weeks, to much at work :-(
But I have finally had time to configure some more and mount everything so it should be time for a maiden flight the coming weekend.

http://www.maciej.se/T810.html#aredy

aready.jpg

Old Man

I'm not as far along as you and mounted the ESC's a lot differently. I'll post some pictures a little later (it's still an electrical nightmare) but the short version had me obtaining a lot of parts from a T-1000 so I used the tube clamps and ESC mounting plates from it with a little rubber tire CA glue to relocate the ESC's to the inner top side of the booms.

Old Man

I'm temporarily setting up with a Vector FC until a new Pixhawk arrives. Until then here's a couple of pics of the unfinished snake pit, mostly for showing the ESC mount.

Attachments

• DSCF8681.JPG
    DSCF8681.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 356
  • DSCF8682.JPG
    DSCF8682.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 259