Tarot T810 build with Pixhawk FC

mackar

Have been flying a DJI F450 with Naza V1 for a while and it's time for something bigger now. I'm starting to build a Tarot T810 with Pixhawk FC

I'll try to document as much of the build as possible on http://www.maciej.se/T810.html

Here are the pars that are ordered so far:

• Tarot T810 folding six-axis rack TL810A
  • Tarot T810/T960 six-axis folding tripod TL96013
  • Tarot T810/T960 mount dual battery under the seat TL96018
  • Tarot T810/T960 gimbal mount kit TL96014
  • 6xT-Motor MT3515 400KV
  • 6xRCTimer SimonK Speed Controller ESC HVSK-40A
  • Tarot T810/T960 gimbal mount kit TL96014
  • Foxtech Supreme C/F Propeller(14x4.8) (Supreme 1448)
  • DYS RC Model 300A Power Distribution Board
  • 3DR Pixhawk with u-bloc GPS and compass
  • 3DR Radio Telemetry Kit 433
  • MinimOSD
  • Multistar High Capacity 6S 10000mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
  • LED Lily Pad (12LEDs RGB)
  • Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch
  • FrSky 2.4GHz Accst Taranis X9D

Old Man

Interested to see how this comes together for lift and flight time. Might want to allow for a video noise filter if running the Vtx and MinimOSD off the flight battery. The MinimOSD is pretty sensitive to EMI feed from the motors and ESC's I've found. Adds about $15.00 to the build out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

mackar

I will run gimbal, camera and Vtx from a separate 3S battery but I'll probably get a noice filter anyway

mackar

The build has started, first arm finally ready.
cSRfEIo.png

More info at http://www.maciej.se/T810.html#startup

Quinton

All six arms are ready now, won't have any time to do anything else before the weekend but hope to assemble the whole frame then.

More updates at http://www.maciej.se/T810.html#arms

Watching with interest.
I have the same motors on a Skyjib, and noticed on your site you mentioned about the motor prop adapters, they are indeed terrible.

Just wondering where you got your CCW ones, as the shorter ones are very short and you can not get nyloc nuts onto them but the original ones.
Not to mention that you need to drop the shaft diameter down from 8mm to 6mm from the Xoar to the CF ones.
Also the washer is a bit sloppy on the shorter ones, which may throw off balance a bit.

Also I have just purchased a pixhawk, but was going to try it out on a fixed wing first.

Here is a thrust test I did on those motors for 15" props if you are interested.

Xoar 15x5 Props

25% 24.4W 1.05A 180g Thrust
50% 86W 3.75A 595g Thrust
75% 293W 13.11A 1600g Thrust
100% 434W 19.8A 2430g Thrust

T-Motor 15x5 Props

25% 25.6W 1.11A 270g Thrust
50% 95W 4.2A 900g Thrust
75% 315W 14.0A 2000g Thrust
100% 480W 21.23A 2800g Thrust

mackar

Thanks for that.
Are the washers a snug fit on the thread or is there bit of movement on them?
I take it you are just using the original nuts now as they are self tightening?
I havn't received the adapters yet, ordered them yesterday.

Quinton

I havn't received the adapters yet, ordered them yesterday.

Ah right, I may wait until you get yours then, as I ordered 6 small ones but they weren't the best, but they were all the same CW ones.
Looking closely at the images on the bottom of that page, they actually look like nyloc nuts.
Please let me know how you get on.

Ronan

I have a T810 (now a X8), word of advise: Those legs are crap. If you intend on using them make sure to drill/tap/screw the bottom 'thin' CF tube into the thicker one. Those rubber grommets NEVER stay in place. If glued/epoxy they end up tearing (the rubber is very weak).

I would recommend folders + UBEC.

Old Man

Could I talk you into taking and posting a few pictures of views from under the center plates? I obtained an 810 kit that was a lot of loose prats and curious how the under plate battery plates and gimbal will install. Thanks for your efforts!

mackar

Could I talk you into taking and posting a few pictures of views from under the center plates? I obtained an 810 kit that was a lot of loose prats and curious how the under plate battery plates and gimbal will install. Thanks for your efforts!
No problem, will do that as soon as I'm home from work.