Tarot 680 battery position?

Chalagi

I have (2) 6S 3300Mah batteries that I run in parallel on my Tarot. I have them mounted on the camera rails of the 680MM. My problem is that they slip forward or back ward sometimes and the cog is thrown off. How is the best way to keep them in one place?. I thought about pinning the rail arm in place after getting cog but then if I change to another size battery I would need to pin them again maybe in a different place.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Can you put a plate with some Velcro on the rails? This way the Velcro can hold the battery location and some straps would secure it.

Chalagi

I strapped the battery onto the battery tray using some velcro and a velcro strap. I also took and strapped a velcro strap across the camera rails to pull them tighter together. But I guess its not possible to get them tight enough to put pressure on the rails to hold the battery in place.

Chalagi

Yea I have 2 of those already in use and I use a velcro strap across both rails to try and pull them tight enough to keep the batteries in place. But they still seem to slip back and forth some how.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I know what you mean - that's why I made my own plate - and drilled holes to accept the mounts. The slots they have on the plates are a little weird to get a good grip - but I did use them for a bit with good velcro and a strap.

The 3M dual lock will hold a battery on its own (I never trust it alone, but the holding power is way better than typical velcro).

I think a quick custom plate is the best solution.

Chalagi

Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words so here goes. The pink strap is pulling the rails together.

Attachments

• SAM_4300.JPG
    SAM_4300.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 244

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
See the tabs with the slots in them to the far left and right? In your photo they look to be coming toward the foreground under the rails. The straps should fit inside there and wrap the battery in the same direction you have it now.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry. The pic made it look like you weren't using the tabs.

If they aren't working for you - you'll have to make your own plates.

Chalagi

Been thinking about putting one 6S battery under the bottom and then use a velcro stray and pull the 2 6S battery tray toward each other making them jam where that grommets are bolted to the bottom plate. Than try and get cog after all that.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I promise you that if you grab some of that 3M dual lock that the strap will be a side note to securing these batteries. Any orientation you choose, slap a bit of it on the battery (I wrap the battery once with clear packing tape first) and a bit on the tray, and it will stay tight. There will definitely be no slipping.

Use a strap for extra peace of mind and you're good to go.

Chalagi

I think I will use a couple of "c" clamps like the ones that are used on rubber hoses to keep the battery tray from moving.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'm not sure what you mean. I've used them on several builds without issue. What don't they hold? Too much weight? Do they slip?

Chalagi

Sorry I was thinking of another type of grommet. And yes the ones that you refer to would probably work great and thanks for the info.