Taranis X9D Plus / X8R - USA Suppliers?

TechBill

I am looking to choose a controller for my drone project. I wanted a controller where I can customize it as much as possible and after reading some posts on this forum, it seem that Taranis X9D Plus (The first model seem to be discontinue now) is the controller to get.

So I went to check the prices expecting it to be 500 dollar and more, but I was very surprised that I can pick a new one for less than 200 dollars.

I am aware that Hobby King stock it because I checked their website but I read enough on this forum and other forums that folks was getting opened box or returned defective Taranis from Hobby King. I looked for USA suppliers and found only a few but they wanted 400 something dollar for one some even ask almost 600 dollar for it.

So is there a USA supplier that doesn't try to charge you an arm and leg for a Taranis or is Hobby King my only choice?

Bill

TechBill

Aloft Hobbies. Wayne will treat you right, fast shipping and always replies to emails. If you buy from Aloft they do all the repairs in house as well. They carry a full line to parts...

http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-gear/frsky-transmitters.html

Thank you for all your feedback!

I contacted Aloft Hobbies with some questions and they replied back to me very quickly. I am impressed with their quick response and service so I ordered one from them.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

AzViper

I wish I had bought mine from Aloft, but mine came from Hobby King of which was damaged this was after being replaced. I ended up buying a XJT Module and bypassing the internal XJT module. I no longer have the stock antenna as the radio arrived with a broken antenna from HK.

AzViper

Both from HK and the first I believe someone else had and flashed to the wrong firmware. Reason I believe this is I saw Scott's Page video of flashing to the wrong firmware and the first radio acted just like the video. HK had me ship the radio to HK on the east coast of which they said the radio was no good. Then I received a new radio from HK of which had a broken antenna. Instead of messing with all this shipping I just bought the XJT module and not look back. I will never buy from HK again even though I have some $40.00 of store credit.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
They drive me bonkers! I will order batteries and cheap connectors from them. But nothing else.

Really amazing that they can't get their sh*t together.

Glad you got it sorted.