Take-off Thrust

Razzil

I'm in the early stages of fine tuning a little quad I have built. Actually waiting for the wind to die down so I can fine tune and trim it out.

My first impression is that my thrust doesn't appear to be as good as I would have thought. (specs below for reference)

It seems that I really have to lift the throttle a nice ways before take-off. This is my first DJI Naza-M by the way, so I'm comparing it against another flight controller, with hardware that is somewhat of a bigger frame (Droidworx CX4 and AXI 2217/20 motors) When I do get it off the ground, I find it's very responsive to stick movements ... so is the take-off thrust normal?

Current Specs
Turnigy Talon Carbon Fiber Frame (v2)
XAirframe landing gear and rails
DJI Naza flight controller with GPS
(4x) DJI 2212/920KV motors
(4x) OPTO 30a Speed controllers
(4x) Graupner 10" props
(1x) MaxAmps 2250mah 4S 100C LiPo
GoPro2, Specktrum AR8000 Receiver with DX8 Controller

Total weight is 1600g

Do you see anything that could be causing the lack of thrust? or do you think this is normal?
I'd like to know my flight time, but I just can't figure out that calculator.

Thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
if your taking off in atti, try manual

2212 are on the small end of power, 2217 would be about double the watts handling

Razzil

Dead on ... Yes I was taking off in atti mode ... in manual mode the thrust is where I would have thought. The quad is all over the place upon take-off in manual mode.

kloner

Aerial DP
if you want to play with manual, set yaw to 120, move the ail and ele gains to a dial or switch and crank em up. 140-200 ranges...... just be careful turning on atti with it that high, thing does weird stuff. if it looks like it's leaning over, stick with it and push the sticks to counter till it straightens up.