XAircraft Sync Problem KDE ESC to Super X

ary

I have sync problem between KDE esc and Super X controller.
I've tried normal mode and pmw mode on superX software. With normal mode I'm only able to sync/start up 3 motor. Im building hexa with Y6 configuration
Hexa set up :
SuperX, KDE 5215 330kv, KDE 55A ESC, Hitec Aurora 9(tx/rx)

Does anyone have experience using super X with KDE esc+KDE motors?

Ary

fpmurphy

I'm having similar issues. KDE is currently trying to get ahold of Xaircraft to work something out. I can get all of my motors to arm, but they lose sync with throttle changes.

Michael64

Iam running the 4012 380 KDE with KDE 55amp ESCS running on normal with no problems it in a 1180mm X8 Heavylifter.

Michael64

kloner

Aerial DP
We just built a rig i'll start flying tuesday that is superX and kde.... so far they totaly work fine, no commutation problems, no startup issues.

What your describing sounds weird.....

fp, when we talked last week i hit up patrick and he said theres no problems. What is yours doing exactly?

Michael64

Have you tried to adjust your throttle travel. There has been case where they had increase the lower end travel to get startup correct, but some of these issues was no startup all.

Michael64

fpmurphy

Here's how mine acts.

Running 4014 380kv motors with the 55A ESC's (both KDE).

It acts fine when connected directly to the RX.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael64

He said in the first post it was an Hitec Aurora 9(tx/rx) Is the surging being done by the radio or is the throttle in a stationary postion is my question.

Michael64

fpmurphy

Ary is using the Aurora.

I have a Taranis with the X8r rx. It worked fine with SuperX when I was running SimonK and normal pole count motors.

I probably should have included the transmitter in the picture, but I'm switching from ~30% throttle to 100% throttle rapidly. You can also hear the motors squeal when it's flying.

kloner

Aerial DP
have either of you tried going to "endpoints" in the radio and making throttle a bigger number?

futaba 8fg acts totaly normal

fpmurphy

My current throttle pwms are 982ms to 2006ms. The KDE's are looking for between 1100 and 1900. I'm within those ranges, but haven't tried matching my TX to those specific points with the SuperX.

My KDE ESC's also didn't work with a Pixhawk and matching the pwms on the transmitter didn't make a difference.

fpmurphy

That seemed to help! I'll need to go out and fly it to be sure, but I couldn't get my motor to lose sync on the bench.

Unfortunately, Taranis doesn't tell you the PWM outputs of it's curves (if it does, I don't know where to find it).

Here are the throttle (ch3 mix) settings for anyone else running Taranis/X8R and KDE ESC's:

Weight: 86
Offset: -8

Everything else is default.

ary

I have other KDE ESC instaled on other rig without problem, I did 1 time throtle calibration and work perfectly. Combos are: WKM, KDE 35 A ESC, Tiger MN4014 kv330, 17X5.8 Tiger CF prop, Hitec Aurora 9(picture attached).
I will try to recalibrate super X throttle as Kloner suggest(finger cross), Hopefully I got lucky
I hope KDE will sort this random error on their ESC, Im still waiting their comment

Ary

Attachments

• X8+BMCC4K .jpg
    X8+BMCC4K .jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 181
  • P1170630 copy.jpg
    P1170630 copy.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 194

ary

No luck, tried to recalibrate remote, etc..
Last move: swap Super X with WKM, we''ll see...

Ary

ary

Thx to KDE (Patrick & team), they are respons quick and fully aware about the problem & will find a solution (including with Xaircraft rep.)
Two thumbs up !!

Well DJI how about that

kloner

Aerial DP
ary, did you try altering your throttle endpoints? if you have a dji fc, you might look at the dji assistant with the superX model selected in the radio and set endpoints so the dji one shows perfect 1000-1000 on throttle