XAircraft SuperX OSD
APC 13x4 Thin Electric props
Futaba R6303SB S-Bus receiver
Dual 4S 5000mAh 25C Zippy batteries
AGL Hobbies floating camera mount with 4 soft threaded dampers

ImmersionRC DUO5800v3 5.8GHz diversity receiver
HeadPlay FPV goggles with ski mask mod
Futaba T10CHG radio transmitter

Weight without batteries: 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
Weight with batteries: 8.4 lbs (3.8 kg)
Flight time: approx 13 minutes

I gotta say that I REALLY LOVE the SuperX controller!! I had a chance to fly it today in the cold....and it was just pure fun!!

Ross

Attachments

• superx_hex1.jpg
    superx_hex1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 229
  • superx_hex2.jpg
    superx_hex2.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 376
  • superx_hex3.jpg
    superx_hex3.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 345
  • superx_hex4.jpg
    superx_hex4.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 264
  • superx_hex5.jpg
    superx_hex5.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 231
  • superx_hex6.jpg
    superx_hex6.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 289
  • superx_hex7.jpg
    superx_hex7.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 246
  • superx_hex8.jpg
    superx_hex8.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 266
  • superx_hex9.jpg
    superx_hex9.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 272
  • superx_hex10.jpg
    superx_hex10.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 280
  • superx_hex11.jpg
    superx_hex11.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

That looks like a really nice setup. I need to build up a Hex to carry my Nex5 Camera with 3 axis gimbal. I'm still looking into the best combination of motors, props, and escs. Glad to hear you like your setup.

What do you carry with your Hex?

I've got my Super X on my big quadcopter with a 3 axis GoPro Gimbal and I have to say I couldn't be more impressed. Manual mode flies super smooth, every bit as smooth as my HF controller on the same setup. Plus all the GPS and Altitude hold features that work!

I like the Super X on my quad so much that instead of moving it to a new hex I think I want another Super X :) Maybe I'll buy just the cheaper quad version and swap the FC's since the one on my quad has the ability to go Hex.

Nice domes! ;)

ross_badger

Thanks Paul! I think that we upgraded from the Hoverfly days :) I've flown this Hex now a few times with the SuperX and I am really impressed (like everyone!) with the holding ability. It has a STICKY spot in the sky and doesn't move a bit.

I have a 2-axis servo gimbal that I will mount on this setup and try out the gimbal controller features of the SuperX. I'm hoping to be as impressed with it as the rest of the controller AND OSD from XAircraft.

Aerovideo

Thanks Paul! I think that we upgraded from the Hoverfly days :) I've flown this Hex now a few times with the SuperX and I am really impressed (like everyone!) with the holding ability. It has a STICKY spot in the sky and doesn't move a bit.

I have a 2-axis servo gimbal that I will mount on this setup and try out the gimbal controller features of the SuperX. I'm hoping to be as impressed with it as the rest of the controller AND OSD from XAircraft.

Definitely an upgrade! Curious how the SuperX will handle a camera gimbal, be sure to report back.

Although I have to admit I'm on the brushless bandwagon lately :)

ross_badger

I think Ross aka ross_badger makes them if I recall?

http://badgerfly.com

Yup! I was tired of not having any good protective dome options available, so I made myself a professional vacuum forming machine and some dome forms and starting making them myself. They are working out so well that I opened up a website (www.badgerfly.com) and now sell several sizes of really strong polycarbonate domes for multicopter use.

The one in the picture is the biggest that I make, and it is sized for Rusty's UAP2 frame.

Ross

Attachments

• uap2_hemisphere_GOOD.jpg
    uap2_hemisphere_GOOD.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 264

ross_badger

I've got an AlexMos brushless gimbal on my other XHex with the AeroQuad 6 board installed, and it works well. Speaking of the AeroQuad hex.....it flies and behaves almost as well as my new SuperX hex, but it took A LOT more work to get it there. The AQ6 board has a very complicated calibration sequence to allow it to fly well. I'm am very amazed at the ease of calibration of the SuperX board, and then the results afterwards!

The brushless gimbals do seem to work better than the servo gimbals, but I have an extra servo gimbal sitting on the bench and I want to check out the performance. I will post what I find out here...

Ross

Electro 2

Yup! I was tired of not having any good protective dome options available...........
The one in the picture is the biggest that I make, and it is sized for Rusty's UAP2 frame.

Thanks for the pointer, but not even remotely big enough for my 1000. I'll continue my search. If you do customs, let me know, I have a former.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I have 4 rigs on the super X from a 550 mm Quad to a 1100 Octo and it seriously ROCKS.
i have never had the confidence to do what i am doing with any other flight control.
Hats off to Xaircraft. i look forward to the future!

I have 4 rigs on the super X from a 550 mm Quad to a 1100 Octo and it seriously ROCKS.
i have never had the confidence to do what i am doing with any other flight control.
Hats off to Xaircraft. i look forward to the future!

What other controllers have you had.

Electro 2

I have 4 rigs on the Super X from a 550 mm Quad to a 1100 Octo and it seriously ROCKS.
I have never had the confidence to do what i am doing with any other flight control.

Took the words from my mouth, agreed. Few, if any, other controllers do what this one does.

ross_badger

I've added a servo gimbal to my setup and the SuperX controller seems to do a very nice job of keeping the camera level from bench testing. Now I just need to get out and try it out. I'll post the vid here....

Ross

Dax

I purchase the SuperX Flight Controller Standard and I can not get it to work right at all. all the lights are good it takes about 3 to 5 mins to lock but I can’t get it off the Ground. It tips to a random side. I have it in a Tarot T960 C/F Folding Hexacopter with Hobbywing 40A OPTO flyfun ESC and foxtech 5008 340kv motors, I had no problems setup the SuperX or the ESC and I also replaced the ESC, yes I purchase two sets of ESC I will use a set on my next multirotor, Can someone please help.

Thanks.

Dhardjono

This is what I am flying with at the moment:

XAircraft SuperX flight control board
AGL Hobbies XHex UAP2 frame with 21.5mm OD carbon fiber arms
BadgerFly custom polycarbonate protection dome
AGL Hobbies tube legs landing gear set
T-Motor MT4006-13 KV 740 motors
AfroESC 30A ESCs with SimonK firmware
DYI Quad Copters Power Disk power distribution
NGH-7030-N FPV camera 5-15V DC
ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mV FPV transmitter with SpiroNet cloverleaf antenna
XAircraft SuperX OSD
APC 13x4 Thin Electric props
Futaba R6303SB S-Bus receiver
Dual 4S 5000mAh 25C Zippy batteries
AGL Hobbies floating camera mount with 4 soft threaded dampers

ImmersionRC DUO5800v3 5.8GHz diversity receiver
HeadPlay FPV goggles with ski mask mod
Futaba T10CHG radio transmitter

Weight without batteries: 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
Weight with batteries: 8.4 lbs (3.8 kg)
Flight time: approx 13 minutes

I gotta say that I REALLY LOVE the SuperX controller!! I had a chance to fly it today in the cold....and it was just pure fun!!

Ross

So that yourcopter look good you have fpv how is the gps now.

ross_badger

So that yourcopter look good you have fpv how is the gps now.

Due to the very cold weather, I've just not been able to fly too much. When I did fly, the GPS with the SuperX OSD / FPV was great! I tried the autoland and I was amazed at how accurate it is.

I've just purchased another SuperX system....now a Pro, and am building an X8 during the cold weather.

Ross

Aerovideo

Due to the very cold weather, I've just not been able to fly too much. When I did fly, the GPS with the SuperX OSD / FPV was great! I tried the autoland and I was amazed at how accurate it is.

I've just purchased another SuperX system....now a Pro, and am building an X8 during the cold weather.

Ross

I too really like how the SuperX performs, but I spent all my money on a new Hex setup. But I do really want another SuperX!

I'm jealous! ;)

mediaguru

Hey I'm new here (newb first post). I'm just in the last stages of building a Tarot T960. I've got the same dome and a super X. Looking for ideas how to deal with the fact that the included "dome pocket" is too small. Looks like building up a support is a decent option.