XAircraft SuperX unboxing

PhilippeN

What is the difference between Basic and pro version of super x and what option do they have is it as easy as DJI to fly does it work with xaircraft 650 v8 motor and ESC ?? is it stable enough

Hello,
It is the easiest I ever tried, I am flying WKM, YS-6, and SuperX finally a FC which makes exactly what people without flying back ground can use without problem. We have customer needing aerial filming, but they are not modelers. They simply can use the auto-take-off go near what they want to capture and then go home and auto-landing.
It is so stable and so easy to adjust, infact you do almost everything from your transmitter and you have the soft integrated in the SuperX. I had with previous manufacturer already an experience just to install the soft, discover that it is not compatible with my windows, discover that the driver is wrong. that the .net need to be updated, discover that it does not want to connect etc etc.

With the SuperX all this belong to the past.

Yes it is as easy if not easier to fly. For sure easier to use. And you fly withing minutes after having installed it. I took more time to pute nicely my wires than to adjust it or instal it.

You can see my videos here : https://www.youtube.com/user/NeidhartPhilippe

Enjoy and if anybody as questions about it feel free to ask.

Friendly,

Philippe

Naterpin

Hi I just finished my first flights with it. It went well.

Paktazh:
Basic will do only quads
Standard will do quads,Hexs and Y6
Pro : does everything from quads to octos.

ESCs and motor
It will work with older Xaircraft ESCs and motors you would pick the "UltraPWM" option. If you use normal ESCs or flashed ESCs you need to pick the "Normal ESC" option.

https://vimeo.com/70132747

SuperX stock settings
old junk frame 700 motor to motor
2216 motor
hk ESC
GPS tower is a chunk of wood

I use this frame to test every FC on first. Before I put it on anything worth while.

It can work with any ESC/motor combination but requires configuration. Out of the box it has profiles set up for all XAircraft products but you will have to set up a custom config for a different motor/ESC combo. It isn't very difficult to do.

PhilippeN

Perfect week-end to fly, I hope you also have excellent weather in your country !

View attachment 12720

Attachments

• IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 315

paktazh

Regarding the super x basic does it have the gimbal option or it only got 4 port for connectting the ESC and that is it ?

Naterpin

Regarding the super x basic does it have the gimbal option or it only got 4 port for connectting the ESC and that is it ?

The ESCs plug into the "IO unit" there is 8 ESC plug-in locations. M1-M8 the Gimbal plugs into M7 and M8. So if you want to use the camera control you are limited to a HEX.

Zirt57

Here is the English version of the SuperX Manual in PDF form that everyone may find helpful or informative.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0239/9015/files/XAircraft_SuperX_Manual_EN_v1.6_1.pdf?616

FYI, there are a couple of errors in that manual. I'm working with Jingchen to get it updated. In particular, check out "Neutral Point Calibration". It's shown to be exactly the same procedure as "RC Reverse Calibration". It should say to put both sticks into the center point. In the Chinese one, there is even a different picture for this procedure. We should have a new copy shortly.

nicwilke

FYI, there are a couple of errors in that manual. I'm working with Jingchen to get it updated. In particular, check out "Neutral Point Calibration". It's shown to be exactly the same procedure as "RC Reverse Calibration". It should say to put both sticks into the center point. In the Chinese one, there is even a different picture for this procedure. We should have a new copy shortly.

Thanks Jeff,
This system seems quite solid. There new video popping up all over the world showing good results. I should be flying shortly.

Zirt57

Yes, I watched that today. Jingchen and I were laughing about it. You can see him move to hide the transmitter with his body but his left arm keeps going up to the transmitter to fly the unit. What a load of crock. Then when he is "signaling" it to fly home, hell, that's the safe-mode-return to home and land that I demoed last week.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

Yes, I watched that today. Jingchen and I were laughing about it. You can see him move to hide the transmitter with his body but his left arm keeps going up to the transmitter to fly the unit. What a load of crock. Then when he is "signaling" it to fly home, hell, that's the safe-mode-return to home and land that I demoed last week.

Jeff

This guy is the Australian dealer/importer.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Good catch Ziet. Thank you for the heads up. System really is solid and I am amazed at the improvement. I just posted a video reel over in the show what you filmed thread that was a ton of fun to shoot, the X650 pro and SuperX are a tough to beat combo and can really handle some wind!

ChrisViperM

heheheh....that Bio-Motion Control would be rather cool. Imagine that rig flying and some of the by-passers arround you start to wave at the copter...that thing would go ballistic. :tennis:

Jokes aside, is there actually any experiences so far with the SuperX on heavy-lift octos......On all the vids floating arround, I seem to see it fit mainly on smaller birds. I don't want another WooKong which doesn't seem to be able to handle heavier copters. Another thing: I checked the manual, but couldn't find any trace of connecting it via S-Bus to the transmitter. This is not a K.O. criteria for me, but I would just like to know.....

Thanks for any insight....

Chris