XAircraft SuperX unboxing

PhilippeN

Hello, for the one interested to see the new SuperX it is here : http://www.toprcsupply.com/xaircraft-superx-fr-2-3.html
XR-SUPERX_10.JPG

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
so who is going to be brave enough to be the first to make a purchase?

nicwilke

so who is going to be brave enough to be the first to make a purchase?

Bart,
Jingchen is sending me one next week. It is all new gear, and has been described as something to join the race equally. When asked about performance, Jingchen said it is equally as good, if not better than ZeroTech and WKM controllers.
I don't do video unboxings, but I will try when I get it.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Xaircraft is gonna need a home run miracle to walk back into the game. Of course king hen is gonna say its the best. He always had the best according to him. The product was so good, I think it gave Jeffrey Wright a heart attack. Good luck.

nicwilke

Xaircraft is gonna need a home run miracle to walk back into the game. Of course king hen is gonna say its the best. He always had the best according to him. The product was so good, I think it gave Jeffrey Wright a heart attack. Good luck.

We will see. I'm optimistic Yuri. They are not walking back in, they never left. It's us who walked away. SX will be good. I was using the ahrs-p, and I quite liked it.

Fingers crossed

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
There is generally a reason people walk away from things. I will say I always liked the way they looked. Well see what changes this time. Hopefully we don't have to line the Heli in copper foil and raise the GPS 12" in the air. Mine is still sitting in a box if anyone wants one.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
From what I remember there was a patent infringement on that design. Wasn't there?

"we are going to sell it, test it and make some report about it, don't worry !
Phil"

See, that's the problem with this. They sell it 1st, then test it. How about test it on your own $, then sell it?

PhilippeN

From what I remember there was a patent infringement on that design. Wasn't there?

"we are going to sell it, test it and make some report about it, don't worry !
Phil"

See, that's the problem with this. They sell it 1st, then test it. How about test it on your own $, then sell it?

Sorry if I was not clear, off course we will first fly it, and also we will invest our cash into it and we have some rules in Europe about warranty if it does not work we need to exchange it. So we take the risk and we are behind the product for the customer.

Philippe

PhilippeN

Also what is great is that the new SuperX from what we understood will be the perfect simple solution for professional use. Today you have system allowing everything which are a little complicated for the majority of the users. But having a system integrating OSD, RH, auto landing and auto take off will simply allow people needing to make videos and requiring a "tool" to lift the video and go to certain point and see what they are recording to to it on a simple way with the stability required today.
We have tested a lot with WKM, Zero etc and they are great units, but the fact you can do everything means you can screw everything if you want to play with it without knowing what is what. Many of our customers are not interested by the multicopters as a machine but just by the fact they can film what they want.

All this to say if the SuperX does just what is required they will find a large market from people like this, and also this market is expending exponentially and what happened before is not a common knowledge for future customers.

Thanks,

Philippe

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Well, this was my last XA experience, which is why I am bitter. But I would be open to coming back if things are as good as you claim. I like built in OSD! thats something these have been lacking in.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilippeN

Well, this was my last XA experience, which is why I am bitter. But I would be open to coming back if things are as good as you claim. I like built in OSD! thats something these have been lacking in.

All clear, wait and see ! I will test it myself, and I hope it will be as good as expected !

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

Also what is great is that the new SuperX from what we understood will be the perfect simple solution for professional use. Today you have system allowing everything which are a little complicated for the majority of the users. But having a system integrating OSD, RH, auto landing and auto take off will simply allow people needing to make videos and requiring a "tool" to lift the video and go to certain point and see what they are recording to to it on a simple way with the stability required today.
We have tested a lot with WKM, Zero etc and they are great units, but the fact you can do everything means you can screw everything if you want to play with it without knowing what is what. Many of our customers are not interested by the multicopters as a machine but just by the fact they can film what they want.

All this to say if the SuperX does just what is required they will find a large market from people like this, and also this market is expending exponentially and what happened before is not a common knowledge for future customers.

Thanks,

Philippe

Philippe,
I am very excited about the SX. Having put a lot of time (and money) into the Xaircraft equipment in the past, and then becoming a beta tester for them, I can sympathise with the other customers about the ways XA busted promise of functionality of the past systems.
I lost one full hexacopter with gimbal and hero2 camera into a lagoon never to be found again, crashed a coax octo and destroyed the autopilot, and had countless other anomalies with thier systems that caused crashes. Beta testing gave me controllers only, I still destroyed my own lipos, radio receivers, motors, props and frames.......

I had some success with the V2, it was reasonable. I think Chinese manufacturers have to start being sympathetic to westerners about how we think, how we spend, and realise cultural differences in general. I'm currently in a pickle with Bevrc about a 6 week wait for a gimbal. 2 weeks it's been despatched, one week with a track number that is not moving still. I don't think it's lies as such, it's just they don't communicate well.
It puts a bad taste in your mouth when we live in a world of demand, and demand is not met. I hope XA are successful with the SX. I really loved the ease of use.