XAircraft SuperX Log Viewer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediaguru

The log site is back up now. As an owner of a dedicated server, I feel their pain. Wonder what the issue was?

neavissa

Well, shi*t happens, no doubt about it. However, the end consumer never gets to know about it. That's why you host your site with a professional service. They don't have one or two servers, they have thousands. That being said, to me the biggest issue is not that the site was down. The biggest issue is, that this is the beginning, of the end. Mark my words. They abandoned their customers before and there is a great chance, of them doing it again. They already feel through with a bunch of things they "promised", but never delivered.

Anyhow, we talked about this before on another forum. For me, it's time to move on. I am waiting for the new Autoquad M4 to come out. Either that or I try a Zero UAV.

I almost don't care how any of them will perform, as my expectations are not what they used to be. I realized that the entire Multirotor business is run by either Chinese guys, that could care less about us, which shows in their support, or by some dudes with CNC routers in their garage. LOL. Good for them. However though, they should stop thinking of themselves as a "business". If that's a business, than the dude with a magnetic sticker on his car, cleaning pools or fixing your house, is a business. No it's not. You just have a tax ID number and no boss, ha ha.

Sorry, why words are harsh. They come from a disappointed place. I am usually not like this. No excuses though. I am being a j*rk...

Thanks,

G

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Neav: while I think a few of us can sympathize and relate to your frustration, there is a bit of "the sky is falling" mentality you have going on here...

'Dude with sticker on truck' doesn't get a piece of technology like this pushed and used worldwide like xaircraft have done, and I'm sure you've seen the recent post about them getting an infusion of millions of $. So while this doesn't automatically make them good businessmen, it does buy a lot more than beer and a new set of tires for the broke-a** pickup your pool man is riding around in. :)

i have complained privately (and publicly) that the customer support being exhibited in this industry is at times appalling. But I also recognize that this is the current state of the industry I've decided to participate in. A technology growing this rapidly is going to suffer pains. Sadly, the end user will bear the brunt of those pains - either through frustration, financially, or both.

So the choice, as always, is yours. You can figure out the best product that works for you, learn and tweak it so that it can produce what you need, or you can continue to b*tch and moan about it and be disappointed. But for me personally, I choose to wade through the tall grass in search of the setup that is right for me - and this search has been part of the fun.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Well, shi*t happens, no doubt about it. However, the end consumer never gets to know about it. That's why you host your site with a professional service. They don't have one or two servers, they have thousands. That being said, to me the biggest issue is not that the site was down. The biggest issue is, that this is the beginning, of the end. Mark my words. They abandoned their customers before and there is a great chance, of them doing it again. They already feel through with a bunch of things they "promised", but never delivered.

Anyhow, we talked about this before on another forum. For me, it's time to move on. I am waiting for the new Autoquad M4 to come out. Either that or I try a Zero UAV.

I almost don't care how any of them will perform, as my expectations are not what they used to be. I realized that the entire Multirotor business is run by either Chinese guys, that could care less about us, which shows in their support, or by some dudes with CNC routers in their garage. LOL. Good for them. However though, they should stop thinking of themselves as a "business". If that's a business, than the dude with a magnetic sticker on his car, cleaning pools or fixing your house, is a business. No it's not. You just have a tax ID number and no boss, ha ha.

Sorry, why words are harsh. They come from a disappointed place. I am usually not like this. No excuses though. I am being a j*rk...

Thanks,

G

Bye Bye all the best for your future :tennis:

X

neavissa

Well, it seems like most people do not really know what a "Series A Funding" means, or does?!

Imagine you were the guy who came up with the first iPod. You are manufacturing and selling out of your garage. 5 pieces a week. Suddenly more and more people want your iPod. You need to make 50/week in order to keep up with the demand. Now you need to hire some people to help you manufacture more iPods. Your garage is also getting too small. Now you need a bigger garage. You need to for pay insurances, since you are employing people now. Your power bill is going up. And so on. You are still making and selling the same iPod. You are running out of money. You invested all of yours. You invested all of your friends and families money. The bank might give you some or might not. This is where investors come in. They give you the money you need, so you can keep selling more and more iPods. The money is mainly there to grow the business and sales! Now, that being said, the last thing they are going to do is, try to make the existing product better. This will happen eventually down the line... or never. Depends on who you are selling to. If you land a deal with another corporation or even the military, THEY will get a "better" updated version of the iPod. Then after 10 years it will be your turn... (The regular consumer that is...).

G

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Dude!!!! You really need to give it a rest. I think it's safe to assume that anyone reading this has read the exact copy/paste over on the other forum.

Ive be tried to sympathize with your "plight" but can't help thinking you're now just trolling. If you are frustrated with the performance of this FC, search for [MENTION=1417]kloner[/MENTION]'s video flying the superx in a wind tunnel. If potential of that type of performance isn't good enough for you, then I think you need to rethink your hobby.

There are plenty of options out there. Skateboards come to mind. Simple. Relatively cheap. They advertise as being able to roll - down a hill... and hot damn, point them down the hill and they roll just like you thought they would :)

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Dude!!!! You really need to give it a rest. I think it's safe to assume that anyone reading this has read the exact copy/paste over on the other forum.

Ive be tried to sympathize with your "plight" but can't help thinking you're now just trolling. If you are frustrated with the performance of this FC, search for @kloner's video flying the superx in a wind tunnel. If potential of that type of performance isn't good enough for you, then I think you need to rethink your hobby.

There are plenty of options out there. Skateboards come to mind. Simple. Relatively cheap. They advertise as being able to roll - down a hill... and hot damn, point them down the hill and they roll just like you thought they would :)

+1 and and the SuperX performs exactly as advertised, however the OP's lack of expertise in operation is well documented by himself :dejection:

X

Aerovideo

Speaking from experience of having clung far too long to a previously dying flight controller I can feel neavissa's pain. While the controller you have does what you originally expected and it does it well it's tough to see other platforms getting continued development and new features while the FC you've invested in sits stagnant, it's tough.

I've spoken almost from the beginning of features that would be helpful, a standalone black box viewer is one of them. Hopefully there's some progress with translating this 3rd party version.

neavissa

So?! Are you telling me, I am not allowed to post the "same" post in two different threads, let alone two different forum sites?! Who are you again?!

Ive be tried to sympathize with your "plight" but can't help thinking you're now just trolling.

I don't need your sympathy, nor did I ask for it, so stop acting like I owe you something! How can I be trolling if this is a thread I started?! LOL.

If you are frustrated with the performance of this FC, search for @kloner's video flying the superx in a wind tunnel.

HA HA, how is flying in a wind tunnel so special?! I didn't know that flying in a wind tunnel is sooo different from flying straight, outside?! LOL.

If potential of that type of performance isn't good enough for you, then I think you need to rethink your hobby. There are plenty of options out there. Skateboards come to mind. Simple. Relatively cheap. They advertise as being able to roll - down a hill... and hot damn, point them down the hill and they roll just like you thought they would :)

Ahh, I see. Typical forum reaction! Someone raves about a product - no one says a think. Nothing. Not even a, "come down dude, we know its good"?! But if someone spends the same amount of energy, just going the other way (negative, or as I call it - productive criticism), then all hell brakes loose and people tell you to get lost, f-off and go look for another hobby/product! LOL. How old are you people?! Or maybe I should ask how sophisticated are you people?! Its a forum, nothing more nothing less!

Anyhow, I am going to go to the other forum now, if that is OK with you, and answer to your other post.

G

p.s. I will use the power the internet has given me and close this thread! BAM!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Neavissa

I've re-opened your thread as you requested via PM. BAM!!

You're welcome to stay but I've got to say you're not going to make many friends if you keep using the approach you've shown in this thread.

Bart

neavissa

Neavissa

I've re-opened your thread as you requested via PM. BAM!!

You're welcome to stay but I've got to say you're not going to make many friends if you keep using the approach you've shown in this thread.

Bart

Bart,

I appreciate you opening the thread again. However, you "giving me a lesson" on how to make "friends" or not, is not necessary. I am fully aware of how a forum "works" and I would like to be able to use it my "way". I also understand, that for some people it is really important, to call some one their "friend" in a forum. Not important to me.

Thanks,

G

Status
Not open for further replies.