XAircraft Super x on qav 400

Dhardjono

Finally got to put super x on qav 400 i say need tweaking special gains it was not enough so i went to gui on the flight tab i set the to 0.7 with a 3300 4s battery i can put the gain knob on my radio to 9 oclock than when i used a bigger battery i will put knob at 6 i have not play around that much yet still needs tuning as it not as easy as my 650 pro. here sample footage of 3300 4s gain at 3 oclock
Before any one say it dangerous flying over people head that my friend he wanted some shot of his GT he will take full responsibility.:tennis:
RAW FOOTAGE NO STABILIZE USED

between the 650pro and qav i like 650 pro better but still only have few flight on qav.

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

Looks pretty stable.

I think you should have been more worried about his driving, either that car is gutless or he didn't know how to drift it at all.

Dhardjono

Looks pretty stable.

I think you should have been more worried about his driving, either that car is gutless or he didn't know how to drift it at all.

lol yes that what my friend told me he said need to work on his donut more, Any way still having some issue with gains on qav 400 i was flying in windy condition on medium fov look smooth but the gains is hard to adjust longer arm say qav company say with bigger prop will help so maybe later on i will get it.

Forgot after the donuts some one call police 2 cop cars came over ask us what going on lucky he is a fireman volunteer and say he was sorry and they let us go.:nevreness:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Looks pretty stable.

Well Mr. Spaulding an expert in drifting too! :livid:

X

Edit: spelling corrected

Av8Chuck

I don't know who Mr, Spalling is but I know a little about it.

[video]http://www.iplayerhd.com/player/c88119f6-cd22-4684-be9e-d689dd62ff85[/video]

Dhardjono

Well Mr. Spalling an expert in drifting too! :livid:

X

ok time to think of flying both of you:tennis::tennis::tennis: i give you both a triple smile ! ok here my feeling on flying both i like 650 pro and v4 much better more stabile i might put an open 3ccd in qav and use it for frying threw trees or put back naza lite. but i am getting there with super x just when i want to fly straight it dip down than up so i need to find sweet spot.

Aerovideo

I don't know who Mr, Spalling is but I know a little about it.

[video]http://www.iplayerhd.com/player/c88119f6-cd22-4684-be9e-d689dd62ff85[/video]

OMG that was the coolest 2 minutes of burning rubber evar! A chrome cobra?

Av8Chuck has the coolest cars!

My little old XKR is no comparison :) But I do want to try that :)

Aerovideo

Finally got to put super x on qav 400 i say need tweaking special gains it was not enough so i went to gui on the flight tab i set the to 0.7 with a 3300 4s battery i can put the gain knob on my radio to 9 oclock than when i used a bigger battery i will put knob at 6 i have not play around that much yet still needs tuning as it not as easy as my 650 pro. here sample footage of 3300 4s gain at 3 oclock
Before any one say it dangerous flying over people head that my friend he wanted some shot of his GT he will take full responsibility.:tennis:
RAW FOOTAGE NO STABILIZE USED

between the 650pro and qav i like 650 pro better but still only have few flight on qav.

I think the Mustang and driver did pretty well with those donuts. Softer tires would probably have provided for some more "pyrotechnic smoke effects!"

Looks like you have the gimbal and QAV working pretty well but I do here some oscillations in the motors which without the gimbal would probably have produced some wobble. That's what I saw on my QAV500 with my Sx.

Fun video though, makes me want to go try some donuts :)

Dhardjono

I think the Mustang and driver did pretty well with those donuts. Softer tires would probably have provided for some more "pyrotechnic smoke effects!"

Looks like you have the gimbal and QAV working pretty well but I do here some oscillations in the motors which without the gimbal would probably have produced some wobble. That's what I saw on my QAV500 with my Sx.

Fun video though, makes me want to go try some donuts :)

Hi Aero please help me with the setting they told me get longer arms for 400 so i can put longer props but for now leave short arms any input to your setup is welcome thanks.

Aerovideo

I didn't have much luck with the SuperX on my QAV500, too many wobbles no matter what tuning I tried. Although I didn't try the Xaircraft xscape layout which was suggested.

My old Hoverfly sport board flew the smoothest on the QAV, I think I'll put it back on there.

But my Super X has done well with my big heavy quadcopters.

Dhardjono

I didn't have much luck with the SuperX on my QAV500, too many wobbles no matter what tuning I tried. Although I didn't try the Xaircraft xscape layout which was suggested.

My old Hoverfly sport board flew the smoothest on the QAV, I think I'll put it back on there.

Thanks AEROVIDEO for the input yes it is wobble with bigger battery i use 33000 amh seem ok till yesterday i am having an issue with left side of motor 2 & 3 seem spinning slower than 1 7 2 don't know what happen i tried calibrate stick no luck also re program esc no luck so today i will try naza see what i get thanks again.

Paul, It will work. SX needs symmetry around it's cg, and the fc needs to be smack dab in the middle of the cg. Arms that stick out further on the back than the front (don't line up) won't cut it. Switching to XScope config in the client doesn't make any difference. However SX doesn't mind a small space between front and back props and a large space between side to side props. Modifying the arm length and position on your QAV should give you a very stable platform. 11" front to back and 19" side to side between motors works well for 10" props and a 2Kg frame. Keep front motors just behind the camera and you will not see props even at wide angle :)