sun on the barometer

kloner

Aerial DP
is something happening in town?

i got the kids at grandmas today so i've been scraping the kid layer off my house all mornin

DaveM

Perhaps DJI will send us all some sunglasses :)

7979991833_48a1fc5961_o.jpg

kloner

Aerial DP
that's right...... just paid $400 and a 2 year contract for a 4s,,, ah well, dam the luck

Dave, that's just about perfect!

kloner

Aerial DP
Brett, whats the comment saying your naza is lighting up red at rcg? from a light inside the case?

edit, just looked at mine and bigger than crap has a red light, looks like red,yellow and green shining barely on the right,,,,, i'll go look em all over

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
this gets stranger and stranger.... fired up the one i've had since last december, been in the water, flies like a dream. It has a green light booted up, side where i see three colors on one has only green lit........ ,,,,,, wtf do all these lights mean?

any of you naza guys following this, can you please boot up your rig and tell me what color lights up inside your naza and whether it does this falling thing or not

Last edited by a moderator:

my bad following that iphone feed...yea last night I saw a red light on mine...didn't notice any other colors though...I saw on RCG someon thinks it was maybe a power indicator but I didn't see anything about a yellow light?!?

Still no word from Robert up at UAV products either...sure hope I dont' have to buy another FC i'll prolly just end up selling everything in that case...

Speaking of Robert...he just emailed me a half hour ago!! Looks like he's still got great customer service :):):) excited to get this problem taken care of!!!!

kloner

Aerial DP
tell him aobut the thread and we can't get ya figured out. What a pita.......

turn yours on before it leaves ya and look at the right side, opposite the side were talking about covering. you can see three distinct leds on one of mine, the other looks like just one. Wonder how many batches or versions of these things have been made. My pc shows 3 distinct assistant installs,,,,,,,,

Well got it shipped off...put some tape on the side before I took it off...still had issues with it...it was really erratic today...

I had a red light on the top and a green light on the right side...curious if we'll ever figure out the meaning of these...maybe they're just status lights like power for the controller as a whole and power for the barometer? Hopefully we can get this figured out cause the naza is a bit expensive to be flying a quad in manual mode...one expensive MQX thats forsure

kloner

Aerial DP
just a thought, but i was wondering if they had anything to do with the status, like booted up wasn't stable enough or the calibration is bad or,,,,,,something along those lines. i like the green, looks more convincing it's happy,,,,,,,,,

So the dropping only occurs in Atti or GPS mode?

I'm having trouble with mine dropping now and then, even if it's covered with tape and I also put a piece of reindeerskin (don't ask why I chose that "fabric") between the Flamewheel F550 plates to cover it for sure. It's still dropping a few feet and when I increase throttle it recovers again.

Just came in from a testfly, with small drops.
I had my vertical gain on 250% which is max, and decreased it all the way to 100% in 10% steps. It still drops on Atti-mode, but it never drops when hovering but as soon as I start flying forward/backwards or sideways it drops.
Sometimes it just falls with engines running, but the hexa is saveable by increasing the throttle just before it hits the ground.

I've done a ESC calibration, and throttle settings on the TX are the same as when I resetted the TX. The FC is covered in electric tape and also with a piece of leather.

I'll film it tomorrow.

kloner

Aerial DP
when you did your calibration did you make the throttle mid stick when you hit finish? the other thing that screws with em is bad cg..... alot of times a diver forward is nose heavy, etc. sometimes we've seen obvious problems and never could fix em. I'd call mine close to perfect, but i still move the throttle all over the place the way i fly. do it not really thinking about it but when you string it out on a flight, it usually can get pretty close not just goofing around in a small area, but a flight with sustained forward flight. I'd guess a foot or two and i have to back off forward a tad or give throttle, i usually let up on the cyclic though instead of throttle like going fast.

no matter how you look at it, the workload is dramatically reduced in atti