sun on the barometer

kloner

Aerial DP
I was trying to make a movie of how manual mode liftoff should look, was messing around, hit atti and the sun hit that naza just right on the left side,,, man, they fall like a rock. i've never seen it before. would think my other one must not have the problem cause i fly it at sunrise/sunset alot and never seen anything like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

so I am possibly an idiot but where is the barometer? I thought it was apart of the VU. Yes, No?

hjls3

THanks - so if my NAZA is up top right in the middle of the ship exposed to the world, I would be wise to put black tape on the left side? Thanks again for the help...

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what weird...... this is my 3rd or fourth one,,,,,,,, never seen this before in my life. but man, when i went out with everything just right i got what you saw. at first i though i lost rc control. hair stood up on my neck. think i'll cover up my others just in case i just haven't hit it just right yet. If that happened over water it'd be the end

if you look at the middle inside of the frame, that box lights up and falls like a rock when it turns that way... crazy

DaveM

I was trying to make a movie of how manual mode liftoff should look, was messing around, hit atti and the sun hit that naza just right on the left side,,, man, they fall like a rock. i've never seen it before. would think my other one must not have the problem cause i fly it at sunrise/sunset alot and never seen anything like this.

That is exactly what was happening with my Discovery at the weekend, I was a lot higher though
and managed to recover without any mishaps. :) Not experienced this on my F450, but I am not
sure if I have flown it when the sun was so low in the sky.

I have applied some tape to mine and will try it again, that is if the sun comes out again in the UK
this year. :)

Dave

BerndM

What in the world are you guys talking about????
Are you saying the sunlight has an effect on the NAZA module?
I've never heard mention of this before and I have over 250 trouble free flights on my DJI F450 FW flying in all manner of light conditions from dawn to dusk.
Please explain.......

kloner

Aerial DP
you did'nt watch the video? see when the white naza hit the sun and illuminated, i was actually still grabbing throttle in atti when it fell then dropped throte when it hit. did it 6 times in a row, i fly of on purpose not putting it in the sun then bam, s soons i turned that side to the sun back down

I got this naza last week

been seeing people talking about, was how i knew what happened, for sure is, video shows it

we need ed or alex to show us the rcg thread, i can't find anything over there

my gorpo was on 860.... i'd bet most that was on my other naza, that's how many times i've recoreded a flight and i don't record em, had never seen it till today

this was right after the sun rose, 8:00 ish, sun on the side, lotsa long shadows

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
you did'nt watch the video? see when the white naza hit the sun and illuminated, i was actually still grabbing throttle in atti when it fell then dropped throte when it hit. did it 6 times in a row, i fly of on purpose not putting it in the sun then bam, s soons i turned that side to the sun back down

I got this naza last week

been seeing people talking about, was how i knew what happened, for sure is, video shows it

we need ed or alex to show us the rcg thread, i can't find anything over there

my gorpo was on 860.... i'd bet most that was on my other naza, that's how many times i've recoreded a flight and i don't record em, had never seen it till today

this was right after the sun rose, 8:00 ish, sun on the side, lotsa long shadows

Must be something unique to a particular batch or maybe the newer Naza, I have three of them flying now and not one of them has this problem. The newest one I have is at least three months old, probably more, time flys when you're flying FPV... ;)

Ken