Storm GPS

Csdnet

Hey guys!

So I have a noob question! LOL

Im currently into the Storm Racing Drones and are loving them however i want to get a gps drone to add to my to begin my collection, however i have heard alot of people having runaways with the new naza versions Lite/M V2) but have now found people using different GPS Pucks/antennas and seem to be getting better results, i think one puck is called an N8M available on ebay, am i on the right track? if it needs upgrading would rather get the drone and upgrade it before it flys away never to return?

Thanks, Chris

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I think 99% of the fly-a-ways are user caused. If you calibrate the DJI compass's and instal them properly they work fine.
Also it's very important to allow the Flight Control to log "home" before flying. Most fly-a-ways are a combination of going to quickly in the air, and bad set up.

Mike Chevalier

flyandride
It's important to set up the fail safe on the receiver for what you want it to do if signal is lost. I set mine to level out and about 1/4 throttle so it won't drop like a rock. And then test it before you fly it.

Csdnet

You can do that? Sorry I'm very new to all this do you mind if I ask how you set that up? I have also bought a new gps puck "m8n" not sure if it's a real m8n but people seem to be having better gps performance with these.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
There is a fail safe setup in both the flight controller and the receiver.

For the receiver - check the documentation, and follow the instructions. As @Mike Chevalier mentions - you can set the receiver to default to a set of transmitter commands if/when it loses signal. So switch and sticks are set to a given location, and then "recorded" into the receiver - as a set of commands to default to when signal is lost.

Mike Chevalier

flyandride
You can do that? Sorry I'm very new to all this do you mind if I ask how you set that up? I have also bought a new gps puck "m8n" not sure if it's a real m8n but people seem to be having better gps performance with these.
Read the manual that comes with the receiver. The default on some is hold position of controls. Which is fine for if your model goes behind something traveling sideways to your view. If it's flying away from you when it loses signal then it just keeps going and flies away and out of your life.

Csdnet

Yea I shall have to do some bed time reading! Thinking about trying out the openpilot nano with gps, anyone here used this?

Csdnet

Really? I heard good things about them thought, that's a real shame if it's the case, what other good controllers are out there that can use gps, I like to a controller that I can add to if I get a project idea