Sony RX100

Efliernz

Pete
Could be. I'm going backwards! The video I've shot is very clear - absolutely spot to. Pity about the the mount not being stable enough... I need to spend a day sorting out the gimbal settings.

Efliernz

Pete
Sony RX100

A test video at 1/250 200iso leaving aperture in auto. AVCHD Medium setting. I turned stabilization off. Very dark and overcast and the diy mount needs work. The camera needed to be pointing down more to avoid the bright sky affecting it.

I haven't put any time into sorting the mount out for video work - just stills. Lots to do here...

The RX100 in New Zealand is 50i, not 60i as we are PAL here. It isn't selectable :(

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

Attachments

• Kopu Bridge.jpg
    Kopu Bridge.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 362

Efliernz

Pete
Nice shot Stacky.

My two jobs got canned today. Weather wasn't good enough to fly downtown and my pilot cancelled my fullsize flight :(

Stacky

That sucks. Postponed job or cancelled?. The wind was a battle today, especially thrilling when over water... It will be interesting to see how many of the aerial shots get used. I have a ton of images to process but Im knackered, started at 5am this morning. Have a 6am start tomorrow. Its going to be a long week...

Attachments

• Audi Coromandel.jpg
    Audi Coromandel.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 286

Efliernz

Pete
So you've been given an Audi for the Coromandel roads and told to go shoot... tough work! Lots of wind up there!

I've postponed the fullsize shoot until Thursday. Weather looks best then. I've two weeks to shoot the other. Downtown shoot is on a busy street with trees and poles. Sub-optimal light / heavy overcast at 25km winds were not ideal so we did the gardens instead.

Efliernz

Pete
There's an Android app for remote trigger but that's all :( I use a servo as a remote ringer... well I did until I smeared it on the road :(

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
The Sony QX10 actually looks like a really nice option. But again, suffers from no remote trigger.

And the new Sony QX1 is even better but... no remote trigger. Come on Sony!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
There's an Android app for remote trigger but that's all :( I use a servo as a remote ringer... well I did until I smeared it on the road :(

Not even an iphone app?? and what is the range of that? I dont do many photo jobs and already have a plethora of cameras, the rx100 being the easiest to lift in a pinch. My hex cant lift my 7d with glass happily. I did just buy a sony a7s which has the built in intervalometer so I suppose that would work. Just seemed by now some genius would have figured out a way to trigger the damn thing using duck tape, dental floss and a few ball bearings. :)

markallan4

I have the Sony RX-100 III and it works great, with full control and FPV
I have the Gentles cable to trigger the shutter, start stop video, zoom lens and turn camera on off.
http://gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/multi.htm

I got an HDMI converter to analog (I had to go through three of them before I found one that worked, I got it on ebay

Best of Luck

Cameraj

I have the Sony RX-100 III and it works great, with full control and FPV
I have the Gentles cable to trigger the shutter, start stop video, zoom lens and turn camera on off.
http://gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/multi.htm

I got an HDMI converter to analog (I had to go through three of them before I found one that worked, I got it on ebay

Best of Luck
How does the camera work for aerial video? Clean video out, video out port in a good place etc, thanks so much