Sony Nex 7 with IOSD

Dsankey1

Hi, for anyone using the Nex7 with a HDMI video downlink, have you managed to get rid of the black bar on the right hand side of the screen that shows the camera info and menu buttons? I think I've been through all the menus on the camera and can't seem to find an option to remove it. Not a major issue but it interferes with some of the info displayed by the IOSD.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheshirecat

I use the same and despite what seems like hours going through the menus have not found a way to turn it off, it is awkward espicially with the big dial icon slap in the middle.

Dsankey1

Oh well, looks like we are stuck with it then. Bit of a shame as it interferes with the IOSD although you can set it up so that you only loose the vertical speed display as it's over the menu dial...

rilot

On my NEX5 that still gives some info at the bottom and the black block is still there on the right with the picture of the mode wheel.

Dsankey1

In menu - camera - lcd display, set to "no display info", you only get the actual picture and osd info then.

Doing that on my Nex7 still leaves me with the black bar down the right hand side with the menu wheel showing. Am I doing something wrong here?

rilot

Different firmware perhaps? What version of the camera do you have? Nex7? Nex5? 5R? 5T?
I've played around with it some more today and no matter what I select, including what you said to select, presents me with info at the bottom of the screen still and the black bar at the right with the picture of the mode wheel.
Could it be that your HDMI-Comp converter is cropping the image so you don't see it? Which one are you using?

el gwiz

Same here, with a Nex 5 it is not possible to completely remove the LCD display and it becomes confused with the iOSD Mk 11 on screen info. I have been through every menu on the camera so i guess we are stuck with it as there is no way to change the position of individual items on the OSD like the vertical velocity etc.

enak

Hi, for anyone using the Nex7 with a HDMI video downlink, have you managed to get rid of the black bar on the right hand side of the screen that shows the camera info and menu buttons? I think I've been through all the menus on the camera and can't seem to find an option to remove it. Not a major issue but it interferes with some of the info displayed by the IOSD.
Setup->Wide Image ->Full Screen
This removes the black bar while recording on my NEX-7