Sony NEX 5N FPV-OSD - No picture!

Jay_Z

Hoping I can find some assistance!

I have a Sony NEX 5N on my Tarot 680Pro - using an XAircraft SuperX Flight Controller and OSD, along with my Immersion 600mw Tx and Black Pearl Monitor. I have this HDMI-AV converter with optical shutter release. (http://www.cnchelicopter.com/fpv-fe...shutter-remote-camera-video-for-sony-nex-etc/)

While I have the flight telemetry data being displayed on my monitor, I don't have any video from the camera. Just a black screen behind my data.

On the camera, I changed the HDMI output to auto.

As a test, I took a cable from my TV/Satellite and connected this to the AV IN port - I had this video transmitted to my monitor. But when I connect my NEX 5N, I have no video feed. I double checked the wiring from the camera - 3 wires, audio out (unused) and the video output (yellow) and ground (black) are connected to the cable going to the AV IN on my OSD. I also cut this connection again and resoldered to ensure I had a solid connection. In my SuperX software, I tried using AV 1 or AV 2 and there was no difference, only telemetry data and no picture. The camera control (optical shutter release) works fine.

Any suggestions? It must be the camera, HDMI/AV interface card or cable. The cable seems good, so it's either settings on the camera or a bad card.

Do I need to adjust anything else on my NEX 5N??

Thanks!

I've just joined and saw this as I'm trying to decide how to configure my Tarot 680 pro build. How did you get on, did you get this working at the end?

The HDMI converter looks cool. I'm trying to understand all the components available and how they work. Is it the case that the FrSky can transmit the video data over the telemetry channel?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
@Jay_Z Have you been able to transmit HDMI output to a TV or monitor directly? I would suggest getting that going - then move to the settings needed to get the downlink functional.

@blackmountainflyr Video is not going to pass through any telemetry of the FrSky. It's a really handy To have such cost effective telemetry - but not THAT handy :)

@Jay_Z Have you been able to transmit HDMI output to a TV or monitor directly? I would suggest getting that going - then move to the settings needed to get the downlink functional.

@blackmountainflyr Video is not going to pass through any telemetry of the FrSky. It's a really handy To have such cost effective telemetry - but not THAT handy :)

Yes, it was a bit hopeful. As I'm new to all these components I'm not yet sure what is or isn't a sensible question. Thanks for the info.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
there's always the possibility that video formats will clash as the OSD attempts to add itself to the video stream from the HDMI converter. The video transmitter needs to take this jumbled stream and get it out to the antenna. If the formats of the video stream and the OSD overlay are different then the video transmitter will be trying to send a jumbled mess instead of a well organized video stream.