sony as-10 / as-15

kloner

Aerial DP
i was really hoping it wasn't gonna happen. you guys get that with nex5 and SS?

I went to best buy hoping to grab a couple cases since i guess that's how i'm mounting them. Walked in and there all whats the as-10? like a gopro, what are you talking about? Christ

Macsgrafs

Walked in and there all whats the as-10? like a gopro, what are you talking about? Christ

Hahahahaha sounds like Welcome to Devon" syndrome ;)

Thanks for the heads up on no AV output...not good for FPV flying then ;) I'll stick with my gopro for now, bulky as it is...I'm sure someone will make a socket for AV out before long on that Sony.

Ross

kloner

Aerial DP
the waterproof case has the 1/4 20 hole and the little pin hole,,,,, but the cam by itself is blank, like a cell phone with a came on top and you gotta do something with all that.

8021632363_9a49a8ef79_z.jpg

tim nilsons rig from fpvmanuals.com,,,,, getfpv.com.... but he gets jello

kloner

Aerial DP
View attachment 6789

before i whacked anything was trying it like this. but i think i want to slit the top frame to slide this straight down, or at least lower than this

Attachments

• DSC00199 (1024x680).jpg
    DSC00199 (1024x680).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 189

hjls3

what are your thoughts about under the rig? Good, bad, maybe? i was gonna go search a few isles at home depot and see what i come up with. because i am thinking about mounting under with light LG on the K450-2, i am also looking at FPV cameras, something to save a couple ounces from the hero2. Pixim 690 the way togo?

kloner

Aerial DP
this cam seems a lot lighter than go pro

can go anywhere you don't get the craft in view...... idealy you want it on the camera tray but......

yea, i love that cam, i just ordered a 3.6mm to try. Should help my sore old eyes pick stuff up better than the 2.1 and 2.8...... think the better i get the more zoomed in is feeling more and more comftorable. get a board version and mount it with contact adhesive.

i did the down below and leg thing for a while and it was a real air dragger. like flying a blimp or a kite. not all airplane aerodynamic like

hjls3

it is lighter but not by much. 90 grams vs 96 both ready to record. i was sort of thinking under camera tray. something where if I wanted to run hero i still could. k4502 not in mail today - tomorrow cant come soon enough.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I love those trick aluminum arms he has on that quad. I wouldnt imagine the steady shot is quick enough to get rid of the jelloing.

kloner

Aerial DP

couple more,,,,, got new prop adapters coming, hopefully they will clean this up. I'm running a bunch of crashed parts right now.....

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
lens looks good. not too much fisheye, colors are bright, sun washes it out a little, but the lens looks expensive moving around in the light...... compared to gopro.

I think it'll make a fine fpv cam

it has this weird slo mo mode.... when you play back 120 fps you have to do it x4 speed to look normal. Is that how it usually is?

kloner

Aerial DP
got this out in real life flying and things didn't go so well. got jello, case fogged up, christ. unbolted it from the frame and mounted the shoe with the double sided tape and gonna give that a whirl today.

what is the fix for a fogging case?

Macsgrafs

The cure for the fogging case ;) is to drill a few holes in the top of it. It's the warm air from the camera condensing on the cold plastic case, but if there is airflow over the cam, then the warm air should disperse without fogging. Nice video by the way...but I'm wondering if superman is so smart, why does he wear his pants outside his trousers ;)

Ross

brookdain

Sony HDR-AS15 Action Cam for multi-rotors

Just posted this quick little review of the SONY Action Cam