Hoverfly Something BIG coming soon!

Aerovideo

Their facebook page has been dormant for several months, no posts on this or RCGroups in forever except for an occasional post from Ben... I was beginning to fear the worst.

Hopefully it's awesome!

Stacky

Im guessing its a complete Hoverfly multirotor?. Based on the case which is really guessing.
I know what I would like. I would like to see a new version of their FC in an enclosed case with all the features of the current HFP. Its coming up to a 3 year old design now which is fine as there is a ton of processing power onboard and the firmware keeps getting better but it would be nice to know they are still designing FC'ers and not just building complete machines.

Aerovideo

We're probably going to be building up too much hype but what I would like to see is a small, sport sized controller with ALL the features of the pro in a compact/professional enclosure like DJI with a feature set like the other FC out there that works really well. Hoverfly's manual mode is UNMATCHED in my opinion. If they get all the rest of their features to that level they would kill, also lower the price to competitors price point :) Is that asking too much... hehe

Oh and a brushless gimbal controller that is actually easy to setup and use :)

ovdt

If they come up with a brushless gimbal controller for big motors, I'm sure they will sell out in seconds.

Either a ground station with improved GPS function or A brushless controller (stepper motors?) I can't imaging them spending all if this time without requiring users to purchase something new, but I do hope for better GPS function with current hardware,crossing fingers....

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Anyone mind posting here what is on The Facebook. I'm not on it so I can't read it without signing in. Save the "your not on facebook?!" No, I'm not, I've had too many friends marriages and relationships end because of it so I've never been on it.

Stacky

Its a photo of a wooden crate with the hoverfly logo burnt on to it. Underneath is some text saying something to the effect of "Coming soon, stay tuned"

Photo Elevate

Gravity always wins!!!

Attachments

• Hoverfly facebook.JPG
    Hoverfly facebook.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 375

Stacky

Well this sounds good.

From the FB page.

"We are extremely excited to share that Hoverfly is headed in amazing new directions. You will begin to see this news appearing with the launch of our new website, and a greater presence in our social media.

Here's a sneak peek of what's coming:

- 3 new products will released this quarter (before the holidays). One is a Hoverfly brushless gimbal controller.

- Hoverfly recently signed a deal with one of the world's largest robotics companies to resell our new product line into public safety applications around the world.

- We outgrew our last location and just moved into a new 4,000+ square foot facility - over 4x the size of our previous digs!

We now have room to grow and seriously cannot wait to share all the details of these new developments. We have been told they will be a "game-changer" in the commercial aerial robot industry.

Watch this space, more details later this week!"

Excited to have a new brushless controller option. I know it will be user friendly which will be great..... But, honestly HF, that was a bit anticlimactic. I sure would like to dust off this GPS. Why not just release all of the info?

workshop

The box looks a bit big for Ground Station Software. :) I guess we all find out tomorrow.

I guess we don't find out tomorrow... :)

Looking forward to see what's been cooking!

Since no official announcement was made here or in the other forum (RCG), I would reason that Facebook is the latest venue to keep up with HoverFly developments or perhaps folded into the new website.

Mactadpole

Excited to have a new brushless controller option. I know it will be user friendly which will be great..... But, honestly HF, that was a bit anticlimactic. I sure would like to dust off this GPS. Why not just release all of the info?

+1, Yawn...

How long have we been told working GPS is coming?

from facebook
"We are extremely excited to share that Hoverfly is headed in amazing new directions. You will begin to see this news appearing with the launch of our new website, and a greater presence in our social media.
Here's a sneak peek of what's coming:
- 3 new products will released this quarter (before the holidays). One is a Hoverfly brushless gimbal controller.
- Hoverfly recently signed a deal with one of the world's largest robotics companies to resell our new product line into public safety applications around the world.
- We outgrew our last location and just moved into a new 4,000+ square foot facility - over 4x the size of our previous digs!
We now have room to grow and seriously cannot wait to share all the details of these new developments. We have been told they will be a "game-changer" in the commercial aerial robot industry.
Watch this space, more details later this week!"

Still waiting.....