1.) Perfect Combination with S800 and Z15
2.) Special Mechanical Structure
3.) Two System Automated Protections
4.) Fail-safe Protection
5.) Power-fail Protection
6.) Blockage Protection

I think DJI forgot one superiority.
7.) DJI's superiority complex.

Yes, I am a DJI product owner, but I just had to say it anyways. Perhaps DJI should have chosen some different wording like "advantages" or "features" instead of "superiorities."

kloner

Aerial DP
you know how when you corner an animal they get all aggresive. think all this landing gear competition has em cornered.....

Tahoe Ed

I think that they need some of their English speaking employees to edit their promotional videos and texts before they go out. I am sure it is a translation error. It is like the WIKI, way too much chinglish. That is being corrected.

Tahoe Ed

When have they not supported users? Was there not a recall of the GPS units for the Southern Hemisphere? Did they not replace the esc's on the S800's and the MC's for the WKM's? How about the SOD mod for the iOSD that provided support for multiple cameras. Forgive me if I forgot some of the other support. I think that your comments are out of line.

jetbootz

Yes they did replace the ESC's on my first batch S800. they also replaced the GPS from me as I live in the southern hemisphere. I was assured from PM's with other users that anyone who had the original ESC recall problem would be getting an iOSD once they were released. I have been patiently waiting for "confirmation " of DJI's policy on this matter for months now. I have just about given up on getting one. I asked in several emails I sent to the support email people at DJI who were dealing with my s800 recall and each time they either "forgot" to answer that specific question or simply ignored it.

I have spent over 10 K dollars on DJI products, several of which ( s800 / WKM MC / GPS ) have had to be recalled for various reasons . I do understand that as products evolve things are discovered and things need to be adjusted, I didnt have a big s800 FOD and I'm grateful for that, BUT as a loyal and honest customer who keeps buying their products I believe the least they should be doing is going that extra mile in customer service for those of us who sent them thousands of dollars for untested pre-order products that later turned out to be "faulty "..... I guess ill never get the iOSD and if I want one ill have to buy one. I have given up asking my dealer who seems to be honest and I believe him when he says he hasn't had policy confirmation. I just am putting it down to differences in culture and maturity of markets. In Australia as in the UK and USA customer service is paramount and the incidental cost of an iOSD would come way before letting customers become disheartened and disappointed. I happen to know through Pm's that "some" of the more vocal / popular / active forum posters and users DID get their iOSD's but those of us who patiently waited and simply sent emails to DJI seem to have gotten " forgotten" about.

I will from now on be considering all viable alternatives when it comes to purchases as I honestly feel a bit let down. retracts are at the top of my list and ill be getting the cheaper ones as they seem to be just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper. had my customer service experiences been different I would have probably gone with the hugely more expensive DJI ones but loyalty has to be earned in a competitive market place and I think DJI are way behind the curve of companies in the west.

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Jet,

To be very honest, WE were working directly with DJI on getting a set of Retracts and a few other items, through their Austin office. When the potential for a sale was there, THEY were very responsive.....Before the final payment, I had a question and for some reason, THEY stopped communicating. After a couple more emails with NO response, we went ahead and purchased the Secraft retracts and have been very happy with them. We look at it like this...over a communication issue, DJI lost a two thousand dollar sale.....It would seem that their sales department needs to be more agressive in working with their Customers. After all, we all are just Guinea Pigs for their products. If this was any other type of business, people would be making claims through the BBB. I have NO idea why they sropped communicating but they certainly lost a sale over it. You are right, Customer Service is paramount, with products like this and after so many issues, it looks like they would have improved, but in our case, that is not happening......very sad and I will probably get "Black Balled" for this post....... but I feel it is something that needs to be said......They really do need to get someone that has command of the English language to make their advertisements for them as the translator thing is just not working. This latest video on the "Superiorities" of the retracts is really pretty funny as the Secraft retracts will do all of the same things, it is just how you program them to work, nothing special at all....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetbootz - I agree 100% with your take on DJI's customer service.

I do believe they want to make good products and that they want people to be happy with their service. Where they have gone wrong with me is their inconsistent response. I remember the information about the iOSD as well. I never received it. I was also told that I would be compensated for the shipping of my arms and ESC's by getting a couple of free S800 propellers. I never got them. Since then I have contacted UAV Products and DJI USA concerning several issue I have experienced: drifting Zenmuse, HDMI PAL only converter, Propeller vibration and not being compensated. Thankfully, DJI has addressed most of my concerns. The new firmware for the Zenmuse is helping. I was told that the HDMI boards are being received They are apparently trying different propellers to reduce vibration and I was told I would get an iOSD for my troubles. I did ask them about their policy on users trying different props and got no response. I have to say that they are trying and I appreciate that.

Back to the retracts - I don't think I will be buying DJI's for the price they are currently asking.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
When have they not supported users? Was there not a recall of the GPS units for the Southern Hemisphere? Did they not replace the esc's on the S800's and the MC's for the WKM's? How about the SOD mod for the iOSD that provided support for multiple cameras. Forgive me if I forgot some of the other support. I think that your comments are out of line.

They are not active on the forums at all unless they are advertising. That's what I mean by not supporting users. When i had DJI stuff, Robert was the only guy available to ask questions to.

Jetbootz - I agree 100% with your take on DJI's customer service.

I I was told I would get an iOSD for my troubles. I did ask them about their policy on users trying different props and got no response. I have to say that they are trying and I appreciate that.

Back to the retracts - I don't think I will be buying DJI's for the price they are currently asking.

We were all told that on the first recall, I have never received it or any other communication from DJI despite being promised things for the hassle and cost of returning all the arms. They are trying but failing in customer service.
Their Chineglish is embarrassing that video is one of many examples..

Nice to see that DJI is listening in regards to the wording. I also like that they are creating these videos to assist the customer in getting a proper build. The next step is to work on the price. Let's be real here. $1050 is way too much for the materials and electronics here. Think about what else you can buy in the RC world for that much money. How about a 1/3 scale airplane built, covered and painted, or a 600 size helicopter, servos, motor, speed control and blades, several RTR cars with batteries and radio.

Nice to see that DJI is listening in regards to the wording. I also like that they are creating these videos to assist the customer in getting a proper build. The next step is to work on the price. Let's be real here. $1050 is way too much for the materials and electronics here. Think about what else you can buy in the RC world for that much money. How about a 1/3 scale airplane built, covered and painted, or a 600 size helicopter, servos, motor, speed control and blades, several RTR cars with batteries and radio.

Yes, we are listening.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]To all feel disappointed with DJI service
[/FONT]
I post following comments on RCG, I re-post here to beg your understanding.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Firstly sorry for the impression, believe me, that's not our original intention.[/FONT]

DJI is growing fast, thanks so much for everyone who cares/supports/like/criticize DJI, they are the power of DJI moving forward. And we have limited resources comparing with increasing demands, that’s what we are addressing in our first priority. A shortcut I think is firstly broaden the network of sales, make DJI reachable/reliable to customer, during this process, we look at the comprehensive capability including sales/marketing/brand/reputation/service etc. Customer believe what we believe, that's the source of sustainable growth.

Each DJI dealer is part of the process, extension of DJI, window of customer service, we welcome everyone who cares/supports/like/criticize DJI could feedback us your impersonal impression on DJI and our partners continually, keep us be aware of where we stand.

For free iOSD issue, pls contact your dealer for your request since it's difficult for DJI to face all end-customer simultaneously, part of users already got their iOSD thr dealers. iOSD issue is the cost of DJI's growth, we'll keep our promise for sure.

Thank you again!

Yes, we are listening.

To all feel disappointed with DJI service

Firstly sorry for the impression, believe me, that's not our original intention.

DJI is growing fast, thanks so much for everyone who cares/supports/like/criticize DJI, they are the power of DJI moving forward. And we have limited resources comparing with increasing demands, that’s what we are addressing in our first priority. A shortcut I think is firstly broaden the network of sales, make DJI reachable/reliable to customer, during this process, we look at the comprehensive capability including sales/marketing/brand/reputation/service etc. Customer believe what we believe, that's the source of sustainable growth.

Each DJI dealer is part of the process, extension of DJI, window of customer service, we welcome everyone who cares/supports/like/criticize DJI could feedback us your impersonal impression on DJI and our partners continually, keep us be aware of where we stand.

For free iOSD issue, pls contact your dealer for your request since it's difficult for DJI to face all end-customer simultaneously, part of users already got their iOSD thr dealers. iOSD issue is the cost of DJI's growth, we'll keep our promise for sure.

Thank you again!

Do we all qualify for a free iOSD? What are the conditions?

hazardpro

Yes, we are listening.

To all feel disappointed with DJI service

Firstly sorry for the impression, believe me, that's not our original intention.

Thank you again!

Am I the only one that thinks this makes no sense?

"For free iOSD issue" huh?

Am I missing something>?

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Matthew,

Basically, if you have to ask what the conditions are, you do not qualify......

Hazard:

There were some that had to have their ESC's replaced, due to various reasons. DJI offered the iSOD as a consolation gift for those particular individuals. Some of us had to send our Compass/GPS units back also and we were out of service for weeks. There was nothing offered for this.

I will give them credit where it is due.....They are fixing their issues, but it usually at the customer's expense...By that I mean, we have to not have use of the S800 and deal with shipping whatever back to them, so we are out time and postage while they figure out the various issues. they are standing behind their products, but the communication is still a huge issue. It appears that they did find someone that has just a better grip on the English language as some of their stuff before, just made NO sense. The "Superiorities" statement will stick with them a very long time.........

The above post by DJI was in response to a post that I made over on RCG about their Customer Service or lack there of. It is understandable that they are havng growing pains but the least they could do is to communicate, which has been pretty non-existent in the past. In my case, they lost a very large sale by the lack of communication and it is funny, because the individual that made the above post also said that he had contacted the Austin, TX DJI Office and they were to contact me immediately......that has been several days ago and guess what.....STILL NO contact....

Thanks for the reply. I thought as much.

Looks like DJI needs a good interpreter and maybe put the brakes on development until they can get the rest of their released products and their current customer base under control.

Cheers

hazardpro

@heli001

What a shame to here that.....

Having just spend by daughters inheritance :)nevreness:) on a complete DJI set up, I hope I wont be disappointed!

Hope you get your email sooner rather than later! ;)

Doug