Silicone Mini HDMI to Mini HDMI Cable

Giovanni59

So I have my brushless Gimbal fine tuned and working pretty good, it's a Hexacrafter http://www.hexacrafter.com/index.php?id_product=73&controller=product with Alexmos board and IFlight 4008 motors. The problem I am having is I have my FPV set up with HDMI out from the Nex7 to Freefly's HDMNI converter. Although the right angle mini HDMI to mini HDMI cable is a good fit the thick plastic coating on the cable is too stiff and effects the performance of the gimbal. What is really needed is a HDMI cable that is silicone coated for flexibility. Anyone have any sources for that? I have not been able to find anything.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
are HDMI cables shielded? i wouldn't think so, right? it's digital after all. why not just peel the insulation off, twist the wires a bit and use it that way?

Giovanni59

Stripping the plastic coating, brilliant! Unless someone advises against it. I'll look at the hyper wire too, maybe that is the better route since the one that comes with the Freefly converter is a little short. Thanks

Giovanni59

The hypercable is mini to regular HDMI, so I guess an adapter has to be used, plus the website says ships in 4-6 weeks! What!?! Why would anyone wait 6 weeks to ship out a cable? I don't get it.

The hypercable is mini to regular HDMI, so I guess an adapter has to be used, plus the website says ships in 4-6 weeks! What!?! Why would anyone wait 6 weeks to ship out a cable? I don't get it.

Got Heli RC has them for $16 plus $3 shipping, I got mine in a couple of days. Yes the Hyperthin goes to regular HDMI so you have to use an additional hdmi->mini converter to use your Freefly converter, or buy the cheap Amazon mini converter that has regular HDMI input.

Giovanni59

Thanks onlocation (I once had a boat named that, enabled me to have a great answering machine message, " Sorry, we are not in the studio right now, we are on location...") Anyway, it still will not work, there is not enough room for the plug, I need a right angle plug for my Sony Nex7 to fit. Just bad engineering all around: Freefly for limiting the use of only a mini to mini connection and no one else manufacturing flexible cables that will fit. So frustrating!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks onlocation (I once had a boat named that, enabled me to have a great answering machine message, " Sorry, we are not in the studio right now, we are on location...") Anyway, it still will not work, there is not enough room for the plug, I need a right angle plug for my Sony Nex7 to fit. Just bad engineering all around: Freefly for limiting the use of only a mini to mini connection and no one else manufacturing flexible cables that will fit. So frustrating!

giovanni,

have you tried peeling off the plastic plug housing so it looks like this?

View attachment 12379

Attachments

• 1-IMG_1031.jpg
    1-IMG_1031.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 513