Show your FPV video

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Had anyone had a good comparison of the yellow jacket and Immersion hardware?

Unless you're doing really long range flight it's extremely hard to justify the cost delta of the Yellow Jacket hardware vs Immersion, for anything up to a couple of miles the Immersion 5.8 600mw is plenty with the right set of antennas. The only problem I see at the moment is the complete lack of Immersion stock worldwide, kind of makes me wonder what's going on with them as the Chinese New Year is long over and every other production line has ramped back up weeks and weeks ago while Immersion keeps promising there will be stock coming soon with little more than a trickle being delivered.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Adding a new dimension to my FPV experience, this is from the first test flights of my fully aerobatic FPV quad. I haven't had an adrenalin rush like this from FPV since I started flying through the goggles several years ago...

Right now I'm limiting it to using a monitor and LOS testing until I get a feel for how quickly the ground sneaks up before I go full flights with goggles, as you can see from the little clips at the end the ground does come up much faster than expected at times... ;)

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Early days of learning fpv.
Got a bad scratch my gopro lens.
The disco looking a bit grubby so I parked it in the quad wash at the end:rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC HD2

Last edited by a moderator:

SamaraMedia

Fun flying there Ken! Looks like a cool field for doing your testing in. Which flight control you using on that quad? MultiWii? Is it the Flip Quad from HT? Was hoping to meet you at the NE FPV Meet up last weekend, always admired your work.

Thanks,

John

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Fun flying there Ken! Looks like a cool field for doing your testing in. Which flight control you using on that quad? MultiWii? Is it the Flip Quad from HT? Was hoping to meet you at the NE FPV Meet up last weekend, always admired your work.

Thanks,

John

Thats the NEHC club field in Mansfield MA, one of the few large treeless areas around here that doesn't have a shopping mall or houses in it!

It is a Flip quad frame, probably the most durable frame I've ever owned. I find it perfect for practicing aerobatic flying since I've tried my best to break it and haven't suceeded yet, from my experience it would take an incredilble amount of force to do major damage to the frame itself, the rest of the running gear hasn't been so lucky ;)

Flight controller is a Multiwii Flip board, best bang for the buck IMO, they cost a whopping $15 and have the MPU 6050 gyro/acc chip so they're pretty darn stable in all modes though this one only ever sees manual mode. It even handles bent props fairly well, most of the wobble in the video is from props not tracking well due to having been slammed into the ground a few times though occasionally if it hits hard enough I have to swap the props and then hook up the laptop and recalibrate things to get it to fly stable again, gives the Multiwii sort of an electronic concussion.

I was thinking about heading out to Worcester for the meet but had been at the one in Swansea a week or two before and hadn't had a chance to get over to the field and just fly so I skipped the meet and went flying. Truth is I'm not a fan of events where you have to wait around for space on a flightline or a clear FPV channel, I'd rather go where it's not crowded and just fly as much or as little as I feel like without having to sit around waiting. I typically get somewhere between 60 to 120 minutes flight time in Mansfield which is near impossible at an event with lots of pilots.

If you find you're going to be in the Mansfield MA area on a Saturday or Sunday send me a PM in advance and I can show you around the field FPV style.

Ken