Show your FPV video

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Nice flight! You get some real altitude there. I'm working on precision flying right now, I really want to find a larger filed with trees and such. I need to fly somewhere else too :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
i was sitting on the bus bench in my shorts flying and my balls froze to the seat.......... might need some advice if this keeps up,,,,,,, dunno how you all do it

thanks. I'm ready to get down on some long distance proximity over dirt with the hoverfly so can get comftorable. starting to prefer em.

tstrike

pendejo grande
i was sitting on the bus bench in my shorts flying and my balls froze to the seat.......... might need some advice if this keeps up,,,,,,, dunno how you all do it

we wear toe warmers on our scroat's I guess you could baby powder the boys before you sit down.
I was doing driving shots for Hyundai this morning and it didn't get over 7.
You got your gp3 yet?

kloner

Aerial DP
yes i did. ordered a cx111 til hero gimbal for it. it's doing fine hard mounted at slow drifts and mid range, but that damn thing still needs tuning something to get high speed working....... building a 150mph wing to carry it too

kloner

Aerial DP
almost there bro,,,, almost. it's still getting that jump in the gimble stab like it's not balanced or is binding just a tad and still slitghly under on the ratio part. watching it over and over it's like when g-force pulls more than less,,, bumps over waves, bottom of going down the surf when i level off.. at the very far forward it jumps up just enough to ruin most the footage, but so much better than 2 weeks ago. I need to get a small lens with optic stab... that'd make this all alot easier

I'm starting to like the hoverfly too. still catch myself not getting pointed forward straight (makes a crappy horizon) and getting control of the throttle in manual mode. gotta sub consiesly correct that and i'm golden. Gonna take this one back to the desert soon

Cuba59

This is a somehow went to public first real test of the Miami-Dade Police T-Hawk drone. They were accidentaly testing it at the probably FAA designated UAV test area in Homestead, Miami. During the test they withnessed a C-172 landing by a drug smuggler coming in for landing from Cuba. They used this not unusal smuggler case for testing the capabilities of the drone. As You can see the suspects make no intent to stop down their activities or release at least some "stuff" for the drone guys.

kloner

Aerial DP
always wondered what would happen if i touched,,,,,,, that had a definate different look leading up to touching,,,,,,,, got really dynamic the way the ground became

JG-rn

The Naza software doesn't account for magnetic declination, if you leave it pointed straight forward chances are it will have TBE (Toilet Bowl Effect) or continuous circling when you put it in position hold since the magnetic compass and GPS coordinates can never get in sync to hold position. The declination where I live is 14.56 degrees west which is a negative value, by rotating the GPS/compass about 15 degrees to the left it has rock solid postion hold, put it straight forward and it circles. Same trick works on my WKM as well, the Multiwii boards I have all have declination settings in the software so you don't need to do anything beyond mount the GPS and the software does the rest.

Ken
Well I'm getting the toilet bowl effect. Like a 10 foot toilet bowl. I have my gps pointed straight forward. Checked and my magnetic declination is -12 degrees. I'll see if turning it 12 degrees left helps.

kloner

Aerial DP
recalibrate the gps after moving it, reboot naza and fly again. putting the model in gps mode and pressing forward on the cyclic should yield a straight line forward of the model, not off to the left or right..... if that works right, so will gps hold

JG-rn

recalibrate the gps after moving it, reboot naza and fly again. putting the model in gps mode and pressing forward on the cyclic should yield a straight line forward of the model, not off to the left or right..... if that works right, so will gps hold

Kloner,

What do you mean reboot naza? You just talking about after calibration disconnect the power and then plug the battery back in?

For z value in naza assistant, does the COG start below the top plate? I'm measuring from the gps puck to the top plate and getting 9cm, so I entered in -9cm. However, all the videos I see on youtube they enter -10 for this value and reading the naza gouge it says the cog starts below the top plate. They used like a -12.5

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, that is to unplug it,,, i like to wait 30 seconds, take a breath, look around to see if anythings coming at me in the next minute, re plug it in and get ready for flight......

i measure off half way up naza to half way up the gps puck...... the measurement depends on the stick length, etc. mine were glued to the top plate no raised mount

JG-rn

yes, that is to unplug it,,, i like to wait 30 seconds, take a breath, look around to see if anythings coming at me in the next minute, re plug it in and get ready for flight......

i measure off half way up naza to half way up the gps puck...... the measurement depends on the stick length, etc. mine were glued to the top plate no raised mount

Thanks kloner, I'll give that a try. My quad went into the grass on one of its toilet bowl swirls and broke a prop so I won't be able to retest till mid week.