Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Some filming of Stonehenge last week. Managed a 360° continuous pan from 400ft down to 20ft in one shot. Left it in the video but it is 1:30minutes.

First drone to film the monument according to the English Heritage. Had to get MoD approval for the flight also.

Sorry, video removed now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

Some filming of Stonehenge last week. Managed a 360° continuous pan from 400ft down to 20ft in one shot. Left it in the video but it is 1:30minutes.

First drone to film the monument according to the English Heritage. Had to get MoD approval for the flight also.

Really nice, that is certainly one for the CV.
You might want to watermark your video, especially this one.

Stash101

Hi, new member here, still wrapping my head around this whole thing but here is my results thus far. Tried 3 aircraft lots to to-ing and fro-ing the the computer etc setting. And have finally gone to NAZA-V2 after a long and heated relationship with ZERO-X4. I'm a much nicer person now that NAZA is on board!

I have some Q's about F450 upgrade but will stick them on one of the other threads, Ross.

Stash101

Hi Benjamin,

Yes we are spoilt for choice here in NZ! Lucky, need to create a project to include this stuff now!

Your Stonehenge looks beauty also, nice work on that one, I'm sure it took some planning?!

Ross

Benjamin Kenobi

It took some planning, but not by me. Someone called and I went there and filmed. We decided on the shots whilst in flight. All I had to do was call the MoD and say we were filming with a UAV, but since it was early in the morning they had no problem as the heliport didn't start up till 8am.

Look forward to seeing beautiful NZ shots soon Ross! You know where to post them now! :nevreness:

tonyh0905

It took some planning, but not by me. Someone called and I went there and filmed. We decided on the shots whilst in flight. All I had to do was call the MoD and say we were filming with a UAV, but since it was early in the morning they had no problem as the heliport didn't start up till 8am.

Look forward to seeing beautiful NZ shots soon Ross! You know where to post them now! :nevreness:

Beautiful filming (and flying!)as usual Ben!

Was the call to the MoD required because you were filming professionally, or is Stonehenge in restricted airspace?

Benjamin Kenobi

Restricted airspace. I looked on the map ans was a little shocked to see all the red warnings pop up. It's the testing ground for full-size drones! And artillery, and helicopters!

Paul@scc

Hi Ben.
Not sure what it is on this forum, but some vid links show up and others don't.
I would like to see your Stonehenge vid, any chance of putting up the link again?

I could go straight to your Vimeo page but I won't see the vid as it is password protected.

Cheers
Paul

Paul@scc

Are you sure it won't show up on my Vimeo page?

As it is password protected it will not show on your Vimeo page. If you go on your page not logged in you will not see your private vid.
Basically I need the link. I just don't understand why I can't see your link in your post here. As others obviously do.

Søren Koch

Her is my contribution to this amazing thread.

The video is filmed with Sony NEX5. in 50 FPS

Søren Koch

Password: stonehenge1

Outstanding video, supreme quality.

What cam/lens/gimbal ?