Thanks! We have some shots of the Vigeland park in our previous showreels, but none of the opera yet :)
Just terrible weather here now, soon to be snow.

skipper1

Who in their right mind would post a video after that. Have mercy, that was great to watch. I hope someone will watch my crummy little video.
This is of a small tourist town in north Texas, I love the town so thought I'd get up early Sunday while everyone was still in bed. Here goes everything.
https://vimeo.com/77368798

I hope Carrollton paid you for that because it makes us want to go there....... as tourists....... and all done with a Phantom..... well done.

Who in their right mind would post a video after that. Have mercy, that was great to watch. I hope someone will watch my crummy little video.
This is of a small tourist town in north Texas, I love the town so thought I'd get up early Sunday while everyone was still in bed. Here goes everything.

Ray Bahas

Really nice but... where all people gone ? Looks like deserted town.

skipper1

First, thanks for watching. As I mentioned, it's a little tourist town and is quiet busy when it's open. I went in early on Sunday morning while everyone was still in bed.

Kappytan

Sky High

LOL! Thanks! That is a great little town, almost too perfect. Looks like a studio set all it needs is some tumbleweed rolling around hehe

Ray Bahas

Quick video next to my house.

You live in a beautiful place Mr Kenobi :)
I would say the Panasonic GH series is the best fit for aerial photography (apart from the Big guys) compared to Sony nex and others. Are you using an ND filter or wouldn't a faster shutter speed help alleviate the effect of over exposed sky ?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I would say the Panasonic GH series is the best fit for aerial photography (apart from the Big guys) compared to Sony nex and others. Are you using an ND filter or wouldn't a faster shutter speed help alleviate the effect of over exposed sky ?

Hey Ray,

I had a shutter speed of 200 but no ND. I really need one! Still need to work on my exposure settings. It's hard to judge on the ground sometimes. What kind of settings would you use in that situation (intermittent sun and cloud)? Your advice is kindly received.

Ben.

Ray Bahas

Hey Ray,

I had a shutter speed of 200 but no ND. I really need one! Still need to work on my exposure settings. It's hard to judge on the ground sometimes. What kind of settings would you use in that situation (intermittent sun and cloud)? Your advice is kindly received.

Ben.

Hello Ben,

Thanks for your interest to my comment. I am not a reference in this field but I've been "flyfilming" for sometimes and this issue was a real bug. I don't know much about the Panasonic GH other than what I've seen around. I'm using Sony nex5 and 7 (and GoPro) and noticed the huge difference when adding the ND filter.

200 speed shutter is fine, I usually set my cameras to 120 (Sony) at 30fps frame rate, then work with aperture / iso value while aiming at the sky before taking off. The sky would be my exposure reference and everything else would come out a bit under-exposed. This allows me to compensate the lows on video edit and get a much better balance in exposure and details.

I usually use an ND6 filter for your kind of situation and add to it a UV filter when plain sunny sky. But again, this is my solution in my country location with Sony camera, you might want to explore a bit with your Panasonic. Still ND filter is a must in every aerial filming, IMHO.

Hope this will help and I would post some videos for illustration when possible. Thank you for posting your stuff.

FlyGirl

That's what I said! Beautiful rolling countryside with lakes... All Ben has to do is go out on his porch, lucky devil! :)