First day out with the remote IR zoom on the Sony CX760 and Cinestar 8 with 360 stabilized gimbal.

Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

dolby

Needs more bacon!
This was when I was on Vacation with the family on lake Petenwell. I had just learned that day there was a recall on the S800 ESC's so I didn't fly too high or for too long even though I had 3 dozen flights with no issue before. It was also 100+ degrees the days I was flying. I wish I would have gotten some higher shots of the lake but all I was thinking about was the ESCs overheating and the copter falling to the ground after I knew of the recall.

Ab74

Revisiting "Follow Me".

This was my old "follow me" video which I did about a year ago.

Hi All,
Headed out to Stapleton in Denver over the weekend and took a some video with the CineStar 8 using the 360 Gimbal with MK stabilization. Still working on the sticks for the camera operator and gimbal.

I'm starting to get better resolution and smoother shots now and the CS8 fly's great...

I can't wait to get the Gimbal Roll situation worked out for good for good. SO tired of dealing with the horizon not being level always!

All the best!

TJ

Thanks.

Most of this was shot with the HX9V but the elephant shots were with a NEX5n and an inexpensive variable ND filter, I didn't do much color correcting to this video and you can see the slight pinkish tint.

Nice and very stable video. If you mind can I ask you how did you mount the HX9V? I have this camera for 5 months now but I cannot use it due to bad rolling shutter effect. Thanks

Michael64

Jeff once again you knocked it out of the park with that one. On the Sony 760 are you in manual mode with manual focus, also which shooting mode or you in as well if you dont mind saying.
Fantastic job as usual you have a wonderful part of the states to fly in for sure.

Michael64

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Been waiting (mostly on this great summer weather we've been having) since February to do this one after the initial test vid. Really nice subject to play with. It is the Château Royal du Vivier - obviously now just a ruin - that dates from the 13th century and is used to host events and functions, and particularly marriages.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Been waiting (mostly on this great summer weather we've been having) since February to do this one after the initial test vid. Really nice subject to play with. It is the Château Royal du Vivier - obviously now just a ruin - that dates from the 13th century and is used to host events and functions, and particularly marriages.

very nice mombasa ! you were maneuvering some tight spots there !

Boris

hjls3

very nice mombasa ! you were maneuvering some tight spots there !

Boris

agreed. That is a really nice video. I enjoyed the tempo. not too fast, not too slow. I have a hard time dialing in the speed of things to get the effect I want. You seem to have mastered that mombasa. The flying thru the doors and windows was awfully cool too. Nicely done. Thanks for some inspiration :)