44 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_5015_mod.jpg
    IMG_5015_mod.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 394
  • _DSC5081_mod.jpg
    _DSC5081_mod.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 344

ovdt

It's hard to move MK in high wind since it floats with the wind.I think I won't do any APV with the winds higher than 16-17 knots. I think the hard part is to land on the bird. When the wind is combined with the ground effect created by the props, I'm having hard time landing.

The first two picture was shot with Canon 550D with Tamron 17-50 lens. This heavy combination blew out my HiTec 225MG tilt servo. This is the second time I blew it. I'll never put this camera on my mount again with this kind of weak servo.

The last picture was taken with NEX5 /w 16mm f2.8 lens. There's a light problem with that picture though.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Very nice, it must be difficult taking pics over the water, in high wind, of people moving fast! Well done.

ovdt

Thanks Gunter.

It's easy to take shots with Canon 550D. I modified component out cable so it plugs into my FPV transmitter. So I can see what the lens of the camera see.

With Nex5, I had to apply Droider's trick (put a CCD camera in front of NEX5).

Flying in the wind without GPS hold would be quite challenging for me.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
It's easy to take shots with Canon 550D. I modified component out cable so it plugs into my FPV transmitter.

OVtd did you used Barts hack or have you found something else to get into the video out? Picture would be good

Dave

PS nice shots.. can you post the middle one with out the toy town affect?

ovdt

I modified the RCA end of the Canon's component cable. Here is the picture of it:

I only transfer the video so the other cables other than Yellow are unnecessary. I cut them and shorten the cable.

View attachment 1075View attachment 1076

Here is the original shot without the effect:

View attachment 1077

Attachments

• IMG_1919[1].jpg
    IMG_1919[1].jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1920[1].jpg
    IMG_1920[1].jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_5015 - Kopya.jpg
    IMG_5015 - Kopya.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 254

ovdt

Very nice, it must be difficult taking pics over the water, in high wind, of people moving fast! Well done.

It takes time, but once I settle the scene with the help of FPV and GPS/ATT hold, I just wait the surfer pass in front of the camera and trigger the shutter.

It would be hard to catch precise moments with NEX5 since the IR trigger I'm using has an enormous lag. With Canon 550D, it takes the picture instantly when I trigger the switch.

juz

FPV pilot
nice photographs. You have serious courage flying over water with that equipment. Well done.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
It would be hard to catch precise moments with NEX5 since the IR trigger I'm using has an enormous lag.

What r u using? How have you got he Nex5 set? I have instantaneous triggering.
Dave

ovdt

What r u using? How have you got he Nex5 set? I have instantaneous triggering.
Dave

Hey Dave,

I'm using GentLED's IR solution. It takes about a second to shoot after I release the switch on Tx. Maybe it's due to auto settings. If I take it to manuel settings and take the focus ring to infinity, things would be faster.

When I use wired GentLED trigger for Canon 550D, it's super fast, even if it's on auto mode.