XAircraft Service Announcement from XAIRCRAFT

LOL.... A receiver or configuration issue? As Moto said it had been flying perfectly for 30 flights or more and in any case I've now transferred the receiver to another aircraft and it's working perfectly so I'm confident that there is no technical issue with that. This industry is clearly very immature and I guess we just have to accept that companies simply are not able to offer the support we expect. That is hardly acceptable as this hobby is not cheap but I am a realist and we have what we have. I think the open source code and hardware is probably the way to go for the moment until the commercial guys are able to commit on their side of the bargain and provide some value add..

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I've been down the open source road. Multiwii was exciting and very educational. But after tons of time tweaking - I still didn't have a craft flying like I did the minute I plugged the superX in (or the Naza for that matter).

It's a good option in many respects - but keep in mind the "customer support" we have come to take for granted in other industries is not there on the open source side either. Maybe worse.

That's the whole point. At least with open source nobody would expect brilliant support so there would not be the same disappointment but I work in the IT world for a commercial software company and we are obligated to support our products even though much nod the source code was born in the open source community. That's called providing value which is not what XA are doing right now.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I understand the concepts of both value and support. But thanks for clearing that up :)

But personally I have been down both paths, and although the lack of Weatern-style support (for lack of a better term) from the closed-source options is frustrating - I find the scattered info, lack of concise directions and incomplete explanations of the open source world even more frustrating. That's just me.

I can completely understand your stance on the Xaircraft issue, and wish you the best with the new FC choices.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Thanks for the feedback Moto and yes I think I can only look forward to a better experience now. [emoji16]

I still find it hard to relate your posts to reality! virtually every user who has had a problem with SX has come in here and posted a copy of their black box, you imply you are an .expert. in that after your initial issue you deemed the BB had nothing to show, maybe other 'experts' would see it differently!

If what you write had more support from other users it may be more believable, at this point you clearly don't have a relationship with the UK retailer and want to punish him as much as you can by implying XA are somehow implicated.

Many times in this thread it has been advised to contact international@xaircraft.com those that have done this have commended the quick response and assistance.

The thing about XA.CN that has been mentioned in this thread is that they are Chinese and reside behind the great firewall of china, they struggle to even get YouTube and have very few English speaking workers, 90% of XA's business is done in China, this also has been made mention of in this thread had you taken the time to read through it! This is why the international@xaircraft.com had been offered.

Anyway you are on your way now so good luck

X

Unlike many I do not feel that forums are a place to seek support. This is the responsibility of the supplier or the manufacturer. That is the reason you won't find me posting support or technical questions or explaining my issues in detail on this or any other forum. I do not seek to punish anyone but I do know that the distributor has (in my view) failed to forfill their responsibilities and are not serious about their business but as I won't be dealing with them again (other than to complete this matter) I really don't care what they do but I have done my bit to at least explain my experiences which I hope is useful to someone.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Unlike many I do not feel that forums are a place to seek support. This is the responsibility of the supplier or the manufacturer. That is the reason you won't find me posting support or technical questions or explaining my issues in detail on this or any other forum. I do not seek to punish anyone but I do know that the distributor has (in my view) failed to forfill their responsibilities and are not serious about their business but as I won't be dealing with them again (other than to complete this matter) I really don't care what they do but I have done my bit to at least explain my experiences which I hope is useful to someone.

i disagree, forums are the best place but to be useful the manufacturers need to have people present here discussing issues out in the open where everyone can see and learn from them. manufacturers are very prone to place blame with users that can't defend themselves via private ticket based service systems. when users finally run out of options they show up at public forums anyway but they're so pissed at that point that the manufacturers can't control the outcome anymore and it's damaging.

There is some truth to what you say but although there is a lot of information posted on forums little of it can be substantiated. Mouse has already proven that by suggesting I am a troll so nobody seems to trust anybody so the quality of forums for accurate information are questionable. Having said that I'm here so maybe I'm arguing against myself but in any case I always believe that one should never take anything as 100% until it has been proven conclusively.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I agree the forums can be a great place to gather info and tips - and often, the fine folks here have gotten me out of a jam. And for better or worse, many companies dealing in this hobby seem to leave the "support" completely to the forums. This can be frustrating if you've tried all the options offered here - and still have a problem.

It has been my experience that Mouse is often dismissive of any superX related critique. Bottom line, Xaircraft is not infallible. They make a damn fine product in my opinion - but I too have had a couple issues that have gone unresolved, and officially unregistered.

I hope that whatever FC you choose in the future, you find some help here if you need it.

Maybe Mouse is closer to XA than we know. In any case as we will probably never find out it is irrelevant but I think at the very least Mouse can be considered a fan boy for XA is nothing else which is fine but a balanced view is what is more helpful and let's face it no matter what FC you have you will have issues and it's what a company does to resolve them that is really important. Ok enough now but thanks for the debate.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Maybe Mouse is closer to XA than we know. In any case as we will probably never find out it is irrelevant but I think at the very least Mouse can be considered a fan boy for XA is nothing else which is fine but a balanced view is what is more helpful and let's face it no matter what FC you have you will have issues and it's what a company does to resolve them that is really important. Ok enough now but thanks for the debate.

And your view is "balanced" what is biased then? :eek: are we starting to 'troll' given that according to you, you no longer have the product!

X

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Lol predictable Mouse.. [emoji2]

Well you make it soooo easy

Just to clear up the 'fan boy' tag

YES! I am a fan boy of this FC as well as my car, TV, computer, shirts, food and friends etc, and do you know why? because it justifies that I make wise buying decisions and not impulse buys, I do my research first. so yes I'm a fan boy for many things...... are you?

X

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Appreciate comments.
I have tried RcGROUPS, FPVLAB, MULTIROTOR, Google . searches do not seem to bring up useful info. But, Maybe, you can give me some incite into finding solutions to the xaircraft problems. i.e. Super X and MINIX. thanks

Well a start might be for you to detail what issues you are having! be verbose! the more info offered the easy the advise and solution and of course the thing that set XA apart from the others is the black box so don't be stingy! give us access, there are many very clever people here.

X

Before steveat jumped into this thread we were going to hear from uav! so what happened no longer had a problem? or NEVER had a problem!

X