Self-made ​​s800 retractable landing gear.

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Damn....IT Worked......!

Picture # 1 is the way it was packed. We ordered these on Tuesday and they arrived on Saturday,to late for that day's delivery. They were packed very well and the shipping time from Korea to the states was phenominal.....

Picture #2 is of the box they werei in inside of the bigger box. Everything was packed very well.

Picture #3 is of one of the retracts itself. They look to be made very well and the machining looks as good as anything that we have ever received from them. The quality appears to be there.

Picture #4 is the back side of the retract

Picture #5 is of the group of items that come with the retract order.

Picture #6 is fo the weight for one retract, which is 98 grams or 3.5 ounces.

We will install these today and will do detailed pictures of the installation. For those of you worrying about the quality, by first impression....I am IMPRESSED and that is not that easy to do. When we get these operating,wil be the true test of how smoothly the operate. Iam actually IMPRESSED that I got the pictures to post on the first try......as I can usually screw uploading something up pretty good....!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Heli001

what would be great if you can weigh the whole setup with the landing gear once you have it done. Just that we have a comparison to the DJI retracts !

Thanks

Boris

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
The all up weight of everything for the retracts is 221 grams, including all rods, turnbuckles and screws, but this does not take into account the four suspension rods that will be removed from the S800 gear. I will weigh those when I remove them........... So 208 grams sounds about right for the total of additional weight. I am looking forward to getting them installed if I can tear myself away from this computer........

View attachment 7970

Attachments

• SeCraft retracts 007.jpg
    SeCraft retracts 007.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 282
Last edited by a moderator:

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Boris,

I will weigh the S800 before i remove the gear and give you guys an all up weight after they are installed. This AUW will be with a GO Gimbal and a Sony Nex 5 Camera so YMMV.............

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
208 versus 875 grams is a huge weight difference.........Time to tear the gear off of the S800...........We will do detailed pictures of the installation. It will be a while because i am posting here and on the groups......I will certainly try to answer any questions you guys may have, just let me know......

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I still don't get it. 208 grams are the motors ? The DJI motors plus the DJI landing gear are 875 grams. The real comparison will be the combo of the motors you have with the s800 landing gear together or ?

Boris

Dale UK

From what I can gather so far, the DJI system ADDS 875g to the existing system against the Secraft system ADDING just 208g - is that right heli001?
The DJI system looks a completely different way of coming to the same solution - just much heavier with separate machined parts + all metal h/d servos I guess. The weight of the bec needed to run the Secraft is not yet included ... but ... no more that a few grams I guess.

....... Glad I wasn't a passenger flying on this one! ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eCvwzOhwYo

mitmit

the total weight of secraft+dji legs (bi-pod as they call it) should be 221+428 = 649g
the weight of dji retracts - 875g.
so 226g in total.. definitely not a big difference (= -30sec of flight time i suppose)..

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
OK....HERE WE GO.........................! I will try to explain all of the pictures as we go......Please ask and I have not tightened anything so i can pull apart, weigh and put it back together.....First let me state there are NO directions with the retracts...so this is a learning experience for all of us........REMEMBER this: the turnbuckels are right and left hand threads. The right hand end is signified by a line etched around the turnbuckle...this is very important and i wanted to get it out of the way first........

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
We have access to certified scales...I know it looks like hell but they are accurate and certified as they are used to weigh Pigment. Anyway, the first two pictures are of the retract system with the turnbuckles...AUW 220 grams......View attachment 7971View attachment 7972

Attachments

• SeCraft Mounting 002.jpg
    SeCraft Mounting 002.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 251
  • SeCraft Mounting 003.jpg
    SeCraft Mounting 003.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 229

Dale UK

So just 25% lighter & only half the price then eh! mmmmm - I still know which one my wallet and logic is pointing to - if Heli001 confirms the initial opinion of good quality after installation ...... just need to beat myself up and press the 'buy now' button on a Zenmuse to fully justify the U/C upgrade

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome

Attachments

• SeCraft Mounting 004.jpg
    SeCraft Mounting 004.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 185
  • SeCraft Mounting 005.jpg
    SeCraft Mounting 005.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 231

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
The weight of the stock supporting brackets which is 21 grams....(I feel comfortable with the accuracy of the smaller scales we have in the shop as they agree with the certified ones.
View attachment 7978

Attachments

• SeCraft Mounting 012.jpg
    SeCraft Mounting 012.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 230