second axi 2814/22 which is weird (the vid)

Pablo74

Hi everyone, is the second time I have an engine start experiencing the behavior that you see in the video ..
it must be said that the outside temperature was 38 degrees and they were hot.
Now I'm opting to reduce the propeller pitch from 13x6.5 to 13x4 and timing esc from middle to low.
What do you think?

Undo edits

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Pablo,

Have you managed to find out yet what is wrong? I'm also having a problem with my motors getting very hot, and I'm sure that I'm not over stressing them. Have you tried going to a lower timing setting? I'm currently running medium timing but I'm going to try and run low timing tomorrow to see what the effect is.

Regards,

Andre

Pablo74

Hi Pablo,

Have you managed to find out yet what is wrong? I'm also having a problem with my motors getting very hot, and I'm sure that I'm not over stressing them. Have you tried going to a lower timing setting? I'm currently running medium timing but I'm going to try and run low timing tomorrow to see what the effect is.

Regards,

Andre

Hi Andre, I investigated for several days, also changed the esc, but I found that the problem was the engines.
I lowered the timing to low and decreasing the pitch propellers changed from 13x6.5 to 13x4, warmth, and 'decreased.
good luck and we waiting your feedback

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
pablo,

i've seen motors do that and increasing the idle value a little will usually get rid of it. also, the bearings on the opposite side of the motor from the props seem to wear out more quickly so while the motor seems smooth it can be because the prop-side bearing is fine but the other bearing is worn out. that one worn bearing might be allowing a little bit of play and letting the prop vibrate and making the whole motor wobble.

just a thought.
bart

Pablo74

pablo,

i've seen motors do that and increasing the idle value a little will usually get rid of it. also, the bearings on the opposite side of the motor from the props seem to wear out more quickly so while the motor seems smooth it can be because the prop-side bearing is fine but the other bearing is worn out. that one worn bearing might be allowing a little bit of play and letting the prop vibrate and making the whole motor wobble.

just a thought.
bart

hi Bart, I follow your posts and I think you have a great experience, I think it's very likely what you say, 7 out of 13 engines have this problem 'as something strange: (

Bartman

pablo,
thanks for that. :)
have you ever taken motors apart? it isn't hard and you'll know very quickly if you have bad bearings or not.

Pablo74

pablo,
thanks for that. :)
have you ever taken motors apart? it isn't hard and you'll know very quickly if you have bad bearings or not.

Bart,yes i think not 'very difficult to change the bearings, but' because the engines have worked 3 days in all I preferred to send them to the company.
thank you for your information :)

Bartman

Bart,yes i think not 'very difficult to change the bearings, but' because the engines have worked 3 days in all I preferred to send them to the company.
thank you for your information :)

i missed that detail, that they've only been in use for three days. i'd bump up min gas for the whole rig and you shouldn't have any problems after that. you're seeing a harmonic, the freq. of the arm matches the rpm of the motor and it's wobbling to a greater degree than it would otherwise. that would be my guess but it's worked for me in the past when it's popped up. doubt there's anything wrong with the motors.
bart

Pablo74

i missed that detail, that they've only been in use for three days. i'd bump up min gas for the whole rig and you shouldn't have any problems after that. you're seeing a harmonic, the freq. of the arm matches the rpm of the motor and it's wobbling to a greater degree than it would otherwise. that would be my guess but it's worked for me in the past when it's popped up. doubt there's anything wrong with the motors.
bart

those vibrations I have also damaged the arms of droidworx: (
motors turns evil have a minimum off-axis rotation that with the hub motor and then with the propeller is amplified.

Hi Pablo,

Jjust quick feedback from my side, I programmed my ESC's to low timing but now it feels like the motors are getting even hotter than before. I'll play around and see what I can figure out.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Pablo74

Hi Pablo,

Jjust quick feedback from my side, I programmed my ESC's to low timing but now it feels like the motors are getting even hotter than before. I'll play around and see what I can figure out.

Anybody have any suggestions?

hi Rotor,
what configuration do you have?
propellers, lipo, esc,weights?