Savox 1258TG not smooth...need help.

abonto

Hello guys,

My brand new Savox 1258TG came in yesterday and plug it today. But when I plugged it, it's not smooth, it's very jerky and rough, as if the servo is jumping every few angles or degrees. I plugged it at naza's roll gimble at first, then the pitch and use the POT to move it but with the same result. I also changed the frequency from 50mhz, 100, 200, & 400, but that didn't help. I also plug it directly on the receiver, but it's still rough. I use the Frsky receiver. Am I missing something in here? Programming it maybe? But when I searched the net, the only programmable servo's are the JR's. Anyway, I appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thank you so much!

Bowley

Might be something ado with the Naza since the gimbal adjustable refresh rate FW upgrade, I have the same issue where I didn't before.

abonto

Might be something ado with the Naza since the gimbal adjustable refresh rate FW upgrade, I have the same issue where I didn't before.

Oh okay, so what did you do? Just replaced the servo? I actually plugged it directly to the servo, but still have that same rough movement.

Bowley

TBH, really not sure whats going on with it.
You should try and test the servo on another Rx or servo tester, Are you supplying it with 6V from a BEC?

abonto

TBH, really not sure whats going on with it.
You should try and test the servo on another Rx or servo tester, Are you supplying it with 6V from a BEC?

Hi Bowley no BEC, I'm only trying it on NAZA and the quad receiver that has 3S battery. Anyway, I tried it with a different receiver and transmitter and it's the same. I noticed that if I move the potentiometer on the pitch as quick as I can, it's quite smooth, but moving it slowly renders and rough choppy servo movement, it's quite an ugly movement to be honest. I think I'm gonna send it back.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Servos are notoriously jerky but an expensive servo should be better than what you describe. I just had a Hitec start demonstrating the same behaviour you describe and replaced it with a spare and it totally smoothed things out. I think the sooner we can move away from servos for gimbal movement the better - those just don't well. At least that has been my experience thus far. I know that is what many companies have started to do (e.g. DJI, Photohigher, etcs.)