S800 Travel Case (Pelican etc.)

Yes, I came across that also. FYI, if anybody is wanting to know, the two cases the Aerial Technology uses are the 1650 (for the S800 and Tx) and 0350 (for the landing gear and Zenmuse)
This setup seems great when all you are doing is hauling the equipment around in the back of your vehicle. However, for airplane travel, it seems quite huge to haul around. Also, maybe it's just the pictures, but it seems like the Zenmuse / landing gear cases isn't packed tight enough for the way airlines toss suitcases around on travel.

Korky

picture1.jpg

This is the 1560 packed. I'm temporarily using a PhotoHigher AV120 on Droidworx rails and there's enough room above the props for the rails to stick up vertically. I'm using a Pelican 1600 for the landing gear, radio, cameras and various spare parts/accessories. It's big enough to allow me to keep the gear assembled as two halves on top of each other.

What did you use to cut the foam?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Pelican is not the only game in town...... UK - Underwater Kinetics makes a less expensive knockoff with a wide range of sizes using a plastic that I prefer over the Pelican plastic material.
But at the end of the day, plastic adds a lot of weight and a properly built aluminum case can be a lot lighter but perhaps not as rugged as one might want for air travel.
UK cases are sold in many countries.
The "Moose size is their largest "pure Canadiana"!

http://www.underwaterkineticscanada.com/products/cases/index.php?product_id=65