S800 Owners - What battery config do you use??

Zzr

Thanks, I'll post back soon when try to stop fly for 75 to 80% of discharge or 3.6V. I prefer to fly at big park field than my home frontyard. I've been very busy from my work.
That's one heck of a battery!
Can you post back here when you've done a timed flight test?

Super smooth footage from the Zenmuse, it's such a good gimbal!

Zzr

MombasaFlash, Thanks for tips! I like good weight lipos for a perfect C.G. No needs to adjust CG.

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaUAV

Topflight.. I spoke with Patrick about them a week or so ago. He said he really liked them but is a little more impressed by the Pulse batteries. After talking with him for a while, I went ahead and asked him to send two Pulse 6s 5500s. I really like that he was so honest with me. I was ready to spend $32 more of a pair of Exotics. Anyway, I should be getting them soon and will try to remember to come back to report their performance.

Zzr

Second flight time! supposed to be more than 12-minutes.

junanata

Forget all about carrying the best part of 3kg in batteries. I use a single 6S 10000 and get 16 minutes with Z15 & GH2. The take-off weight for that lot is already 7.4kg.

MombasaFlash I have the same battery but I get much less than 16 minutes. I get about 8-10. What do you do the get that? Does it have anything to do with how you take of the battery? Is that 16 minutes is just hovering or flying normal? I use APC 14x4.7 props. What kind of props do you use? Please share your experience. I would love to have an extra 6 minutes. Thanks.

LarsNiko

Voltage problems
Hi guys,
I recently bought a Secraft conversion kit and fitted a GH3 on to my standard S800. No retracts, just a video transmitter other than the camera.
I have two 6S 6000mAh, 25-50C batteries at about 1800g.
Yesterday I reseted the voltage protection as I need to do a new calibration with the new weight and all. As first level protection I have 21.6V and on second level 19.8V.

I went out to do a test flight and first level protection kicked in after around 7 minutes. I went inside and measured the batteries to 23.05V and that tells me the line of loss is 23.05-21.6V = 1.45V, correct?

However, the WKM assistant won't let me put in any higher value than 1.2V?
What am I doing wrong? Is my line of loss to big? Is my rig too heavy? Did I do the test flight incorrectly? I got 4 yellow flashes at first, landed and realized it should continually flash yellow so I went up again for a short time until it started to do so. (The first 4 flashes I don't know what they meant?).

Any ideas? Any answer will be much appreciated!

LarsNiko

It's the middle of the night here and I'm currently "out on a mission" and I'm gonna film a rally tomorrow so I don't have any other options right now. Just don't wanna crash into an expensive rally car tomorrow. I had about 15 min flight time with the GH2 and now with about an extra 400g I have to be sure how much time I have.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Unlike pretty much all the other Flight Control options, DJI actually provides a pretty comprehensive Manual (or Quick Guide) with every new software release. DJI may commit a whole swathe of sins but the effort they make with the Manual is to be applauded.

However, there are one or two really confusing parts. One is their method of explaining what values to enter with regard to the GPS, IMU and Centre of gravity and another is the Voltage protection values. The new A2 Manual still has the same confusing GPS, IMU etc. instructions illustration but it has changed the Voltage Protection setup for something much simpler.

Getting back to your post, you have confused the voltage sag difference between a battery not under load and when under load in flight and the voltage drop difference between a fresh LiPo and the same battery after several minutes of flight. If the total initial, unloaded voltage is 22.5v and the the inflight voltage immediately after take off is 21.8v, the voltage sag is 0.7v. THAT is the the middle figure.

So, enter 22.5v in the first field and 0.7v in the second field and the WKM will calculate the last value.

The second area of confusion is what value to set as the 'unloaded' second level protection. They do not give a sensible guide on this. Personally, I work backwards with this one. I will calculate the final limit by, for example, multiplying 3.6v by 6 cells = 21.6v, and adding the 0.7v sag figure, arriving at at 22.3v as the initial Second Level value.

LiPo's will have different levels of voltage sag under load according to their condition and age so the whole thing is always going to be approximate.

I have the voltage protection activated, audible alarms on each pack, the transmitter Timer is set and I also have the iOSD. To disregard the Voltage Protection and leave it switched off completely is to lose the facility of the automatic Return To Home if there is a battery cell problem when the MR is too far away to hear the audible alarm. As for using the OSD information, I do not believe I ever look at that information when I am flying, I am too occupied concentrating on flying and framing. Personally, I do not recommend switching off the Voltage Protection. I tend to rely upon the Tx Timer as my primary signal to tell me when to start thinking about coming home.

LarsNiko

Thank you for your detailed answer. But I have had the protection working perfectly but now when I have upgraded with a bigger camera I get a big number on line of loss. See numbers above.
Full battery with 25.2v --> first warning set to 21.6v --> flight --> battery shows 23.05 = 1.45V line of loss??

LarsNiko

Seemed to be a software error in WKM assistant. Switched from 6S to 3S and back to 6S and voila! I could type whatever I wanted. :)

Never mind! It WKM assistant changed the first level protection back to 23.10V, that's why I could enter a greater valde in Line of loss...

tombrown1

Unlike pretty much all the other Flight Control options, DJI actually provides a pretty comprehensive Manual (or Quick Guide) with every new software release. DJI may commit a whole swathe of sins but the effort they make with the Manual is to be applauded.

However, there are one or two really confusing parts. One is their method of explaining what values to enter with regard to the GPS, IMU and Centre of gravity and another is the Voltage protection values. The new A2 Manual still has the same confusing GPS, IMU etc. instructions illustration but it has changed the Voltage Protection setup for something much simpler.

Getting back to your post, you have confused the voltage sag difference between a battery not under load and when under load in flight and the voltage drop difference between a fresh LiPo and the same battery after several minutes of flight. If the total initial, unloaded voltage is 22.5v and the the inflight voltage immediately after take off is 21.8v, the voltage sag is 0.7v. THAT is the the middle figure.

So, enter 22.5v in the first field and 0.7v in the second field and the WKM will calculate the last value.

The second area of confusion is what value to set as the 'unloaded' second level protection. They do not give a sensible guide on this. Personally, I work backwards with this one. I will c