S800 evo + zenmuse z15 vibrating / shaking like crazy

Topflight: did you try loosening your props yet? I am curious to see if you had any success. I'm getting vibrations on my Zenmuse that makes my footage unuseable until I can figure this one. Also, have you done any balancing to your props or motors, and if so, can you please share how you did it? Last, do you think gains have anything to do with vibration?

SOLVED! EUREKA! Early S800 EVO arms were shipped out without the anti-vibration measures installed in the motors. Suppliers are offering free replacements including shipping costs. Here is an email I got today from IntelligentUAS, the people I bought from online/ebay (text only, sorry, I couldn't figure out how to post pictures large enough to see):

S800 EVO motor vibration arm free Upgrade for S800 EVO OLD version – Please act as soon as you can!
The latest version of S800 EVO has included a motor vibration absorber, to avoid the intense and continuous shake during flight, particularly under bad condition. The long term flying without motor vibration absorber may result in bad resonance of frame arm.
DJI is offering free arm upgrade for all S800 EVO’S – FIRST BATCH OLD VERSION ONLY- right now. Please fill out the return form and return the arms to us, we will replace with new arms that come with the vibration absorber for motors as soon as we can.

STOP HERE: Please check if your S800 EVO is OLD VERSION. If it is, please return. If your S800 EVO is NEW VERSION, please do NOT return, as there is no need to do anything, it is good to fly. Thanks for your attention.

How to distinguish the old version and new version?
1. By exterior: the difference has been circled on the photo below. The newest version has silicone cushion mounted on the both side of motor seat.

2. By tag: the tag on the S800EVO box is indicating the version whether it includes motor vibration absorber or not. If the first two letters are ‘AE/AF/AG/AH’, it is the old version W/O motor vibration absorber; otherwise it is new version with motor vibration.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 11.52.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 11.52.13 PM.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 411
Last edited by a moderator:

ddikie

So your absolutely correct..they are recalling all first run EVO'S both mine are effected..including the one that crashed on the maiden flight..i wonder if that was the issue ..will never know i suspect..i have ordered a full replacement set of arms anyway so as soon as they arrive i will have send off to DJI for repair as the process is full on!

So your absolutely correct..they are recalling all first run EVO'S both mine are effected..including the one that crashed on the maiden flight..i wonder if that was the issue ..will never know i suspect..i have ordered a full replacement set of arms anyway so as soon as they arrive i will have send off to DJI for repair as the process is full on!

Here's the text of an email I sent earlier, I thought other people might be interested:
As it happens I saw that vibration kit on-line recently and the DJI site had updated their specs to include it, so I paid the 45 euros and bought it.
My EVO has the old shims, of course! When I was rebuilding it after my "accident" :) I screwed up one of the ESCs when I was soldering a new arm on. As I've said before, soldering those things is a pain in the ***, you've got to be really careful not to apply to much heat for too long.
At the time I couldn't find replacement ESCs, so I ended up buying a new arm assembly, with motor, ESC and props.
I noticed that the arm had the new vibration dampers on it, so I took it apart to confirm how to install the vibration dampers.
In the process I buggered up two of the screws, which of course are secured with high-strength loctite.
Having bought the vibration kit, I had some spares :) I've since ordered medium-strength loctite.
I haven't done the other ones yet, so I have 5 original and one with the vibration dampers, but it flies well.
Here is the link to my first Zenmuse/Sony NEX7 test that I did last week, the stability is really good, but I suppose I should convert the other five arms anyway to reduce as much vibration as possible for the IMU etc.
http://youtu.be/CHgus7KhND8

Here's another interesting link I got today, look familiar? :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24709180

Verid

Hi guys I bought s800evo + A2 (new model with ANTI on the engines)
and I still have a problem with vibration
I installed gopro3 on centerplate and see what are the vibrations https://vimeo.com/79034179
Password: vectra2002

balanced propellers, turning tighter and less blade and still the same: (

Verid

I do not know what to do with this film, see
after all, do not show how to balance
just shows how tighten and yet each has a different holding strength
I am turning the same prop balancer and checked whether they are equal
maybe the problem is in the gums under the engine that are too soft

ddikie

Hi,

Its difficult to tell if its jello or vibrations..I suspect a lot of this is down to jello effect..but it is bad...i have a go pro hero 3 attached onto my plate as a flight cam and whilst i don't use it for video as i have zenmuse & nex7 underneath..On the few occasions i did record video it was no way as bad as that..

Try 2 things..shoot at 50 frames / second or higher which reduces the jello effect and then have a look at the footage to see if there are vibrations..also suggest frame is not a good place to mount your camera for video work..as the anti vibration dampeners are having an effect here..better get a plate fixed across the 2 carbon rods with an accessory plate & attach the go pro there..with some anti vibration mounts preferably..

Do that first and then re access the situation

Take care and good luck..

Aerocam

I have a S800 EVO Z15 GH3 and have the exact same problem with vibrations in arms, tried to change gains but still the same.
This EVO is from the first batch with no motor dampers, i have contacted my reseller waiting for an answer.
My footage is rock solid, but the vibrations concerns me.

Aerocam

Update! I got the new arms with motor vibration kit and my vibrations disappered completely. Same settings, huge difference.

ddikie

Guys i have 12 arms to fix do you recon if i use a fine saw and cut the carbon plate just wide enough to fit the motor wires in ..instead of all the desoldering / desoldering would it make a huge difference to the structural integrity?..if so i would be a quick solution..any thoughts?

Guys i have 12 arms to fix do you recon if i use a fine saw and cut the carbon plate just wide enough to fit the motor wires in ..instead of all the desoldering / desoldering would it make a huge difference to the structural integrity?..if so i would be a quick solution..any thoughts?
Hi Richard,

I thought of doing that, but I thought it might affect the strength/integrity of the carbon plate. I then thought that I could cut strips off the old carcon fibre plates (that get replaced with the modified ones), and glue them to cover the cuts I had made, to strengthen it up , but even then I was reluctant to mess with such a vital part of the machine.
I ended up soldering. Soldering, as I've said before, is a pain in the ***, you need a good soldering iron with controlled heat and one of those stands with the 2 clips to hold things. I also use a magnifying glass (think I've got a video about this on my website). The biggest problem, in my opinion, is not the soldering itself, but de-soldering the two wires, which seem to have been soldered on with some sort of factory solder which is very heat resistant and coated with something. I used a small snips to snip the cable and the top layer of solder off the connections, then cleaned it up to solder it back. The trick with solder is like robbing a bank, get in and out quickly and try and avoid the heat!. If you're going to cut the carbon plate and maybe glue strips on afterwards to cover the cuts, buy yourself a small Dremel for the cutting, takes all the effort out of it..

It all worked well , my video is really stable, but it's gone cold as hell here so I'm not flying!! Good luck!

PS. If you go to some electrical workshop it could be worth your while paying them a few bob to do the work for you...

I want to forgive my English, I have a evo S800 purchased in July are the first units that do not carry silembloks engine systems, my dealer tells me I have to install a kit silembloks but I tried and it is difficult because we have limited space, plus my arms and put V2 in pdf s800 evo carrying these components are V3. Dji not answer me, my dealer says I do not change the complete arms. I have the s800 on the table without being able to use. I have that solution?