RHCP 5.8 antenna offerings

Hi,
the main problem of these site is that they are producing 5.8 ghz antenna with NO serious testing.
I have found some 5.8 ghz antenna with a TOS of 3 or 4.

Well, TerryBuild is manufacturing 5.8 Ghz pinwheel certified with a TOS<1.5
I have mandated a company to make a professionnal testing of his antenna and I have had the results: the antenna produced were having a TOS of ...1.18.

So in terms of pinwheel, I think those from Terrybuild are realy good. Lots of guys are saying:"mine are better!". As I have paid a professionnal company to test the stuff I'm selling, I can garantee it :)

the helical design is incredible for long rage FPV, especially if accorded with a pinwheel on board but it's very directive :/

kloner

Aerial DP
are you guys gonna do anything with patch cp antennas?

6.jpg

HEL58-DOMINATOR-460x360.jpg

Kondorfpv

Hi,
the main problem of these site is that they are producing 5.8 ghz antenna with NO serious testing.
I have found some 5.8 ghz antenna with a TOS of 3 or 4.

Hello , actually I believe this site has no problem with SWR of 3-4 on 5.8 antennas.
Anyone who builds antennas without testing equipement would last 3 days before he gets a bad name.
Why going through the expense of building a proper website, with online cart, registering a business, paying taxes, if then you are going to sell bad antennas?
It does not make any sense to me.
All fpvlr.com antennas, including the 5.8 line have a guaranteed low SWR figure of less than 1.5:1 on specified frequency. Our helicals constantly come in the 1.15-1.25 range and so do our pinwheel antennas.

We use rustproof silver coated wire for our pinwheels (no paint needed), and G10 1.5mm pcb board material , cnc cut to specific tolerances for our helicals.
For any info I am avalilable.

Happy flights!

Tahoe Ed

I just got my Circular Wireless Heliaxis58 RHCP antenna. Now to remove the patch and install this one and retune my vTx and vRx's to the middle channel. Can't wait to fly tis weekend.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Not that hard to make...

While out flying this morning I got brave with the F450 and took it for a low fast pass between the trees just as I do with the F330. Thing I forgot about is the size difference not only of the 450 vs. the 330 but the 1.3 gHz cloverleaf antenna as well. Just as I thought I was past the last tree I got bit, a low hanging branch snagged the cloverleaf and yanked it back and sideways right into the path of one of the Graupner props, game over, thanks for playing... :(

The end of the prop caught one of the loops and after stretching it as far as it could, proceeded to rip the coax out of the SMA connector and the fling the remains of the antenna 10 feet off to the left of where the quad ultimately "landed". The antenna is now basically twisted spaghetti, no chance of repairing this one, so with three days remaining on my vacation and great flying weather I decided the only way to fix it and be able to fly is to make a new antenna. Turns out it's not all that hard to do if you follow Alex's (IBCrazy) detailed instructions and you're good with a soldering iron. I raided my MIG welder for a couple feet of wire and with my metric ruler and degree wheel in hand set about making a replacement cloverleaf antenna.

Took a while mainly because I've never done it before but at the end I found it really isn't rocket science. Yes, done properly it should be tested to make sure it's not way off but since I don't have any of the necessary equipment (yet) and I really want to fly, there's no way to get another ready made one until the middle of next week, and the whip antennas are crap, making one was the only alternative.

After crimping a new SMA connector on as the final step I installed it on the vtx and fired up the quad plus the vrx with a DVR attached to see the picture. I have to say it looks great and seems to work just as good as the other antenna that bit the dust this morning. I put the quad on a coffee table in the basement and walked around the house with the vrx in hand and got a good clean picture all the way out to the garage, looks like it works!

I will say the larger 1.3 gHz cloverleaf is probably easier to make than the tiny 5.8 so I'll continue to buy the 5.8 should I need one rather than try to make one, but the bigger antennas I'll make from now on. Speaking of 5.8 cloverleafs, Immersion will be selling their version soon, the owner of the LHS has recently placed a big order with them and this is one of the items he will be getting, should be interesting to see what they look like and how they're made.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I've made em all and have had awesome results as well. I'm about to pull the trigger on a daiwa just to fine tune and get the most i can out of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/900MHz-2-5G...IA+UA+FICS+UFI&otn=21&pmod=370432136510&ps=54

Kondor, aren't you the one with the micro 1.3 or 900 helical? are you selling them yet?

I flew the F450 with my homemade antenna for just about 60 minutes total this morning at the same place I flew it previously with the now deceased Bluebeam. I have to say this antenna works as well and possibly a little bit better than the Bluebeam did, I got a solid signal in places where it was going fuzzy with the BB so I guess I got lucky on this one. I am planning on getting an SWR meter myself for building antennas going forward, just a matter of learning how to use it properly and finding one with the best compromise between price, quality, and function.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator: