Tau Labs Revolution "Revo" Test Flight

Rick~K

Free Bird
I thought I'd post a couple videos here, the Revo is going to be released in a few weeks.

Rick~K
OpenPilot.org

Test flight with default and fly on the OpenPilot Revolution Flight Controller.

DJI 450 frame
DJI Motors
Revo FC
Turnigy Plush 30a (non-flashed)
3S-2200mah

A little wind gust to @ 20mph

Here is one of Juz doing some LOS, with a little indoor flip.... great video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

The release will only be to those in the kickstarter right?. There wont be other boards available to the general public?

Rick~K

Free Bird
Yes and no, your right about the kickstarter but there may be more boards later. There are CC3D made by a vendor so I think the Revo will too.
Plus on the OP forum there is a for sale where boards get listed at times.

Rick~K

Free Bird
Glad you like the post, I love the hobby and like seeing good things happen. New hardware is always good to share be it OP or someone elses.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
any dates when the kickstarter boards plus GPS module and Data module ( :) i think it was ) will be sent out to customers ? Will all be a available at once or only the board ?

Rick you say will be released in a few weeks the kickstarter version I guess you are talking about ?

Thanks

Boris

Rick~K

Free Bird
If I remember right the GPS came in around Feb 5th, Antenna's were Jan 23rd, and the Revo are really close. Yes the KS, we got held up during the Chinese New Year by the Mfg who had another large order a head of us. We are still pretty close to schedule I believe. The best way is to keep check at the Openpilot web site in the "News" section.

Rick~K

Free Bird
Sorry for the Jello! A couple laps around the field. Flying default setting, no tuning after going through set up.

OpenPilot Revolution FC
DJI 450 Frame
DJI Motors
Turnigy Plush 30a ESC
3S 2200 LiPo

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick~K

Free Bird
Just so everyone knows, we had a few Revo come open today so check often for extra hardware for sale on the OP forums. The Revo is cutting edge hardware FC that fly's great. My test flights were made with just the install / set up / and fly. I haven't tuned mine yet from it flying so well. Of course every frame fly's different and these should give a good ball park starting point.

Austin913

Just a side note, people wanting a CC3D in the US. It can be bought here:

http://www.getfpv.com/openpilot-cc3d-flight-controller.html

from fpvmanuals. OpenPilot gets zero funds from this and like Drotek, Tim also offered but Openpilot refused. These should be very good quality.

I'm sure Tim will ship anywhere.

I just ordered one of these last night. starting a new build soon and wanted to try something besides NAZA. I just started surfing through the Getting Started page on OpenPilot.org.

Rick~K

Free Bird
There is some good Setup Tutorials also in the General-News area. I think you'll be happy with the CC3D.

Austin913

There is some good Setup Tutorials also in the General-News area. I think you'll be happy with the CC3D.

Awesome! I had a hard time trying to choose on another flight controller to tinker with. OpenPilot didn't have the CC3D's on the site. I just happened to stumble upon the getFPV site last night and found them there. it was between APM2.5 and the CC3D (if I could find one). so glad I found the CC3D! time to read up on these things. =)