replacement 3M square pads/tape for NAZA?

Fxt4me

I want to do a re-build on my F450 as I did not get the NAZA completely centered/level and I do have a lot of drift. Is it possible to get replacement 3M double sided tape pads or is there a substitute?

PapaRomeo

That tape is called VHB. Or Scotch 3M SUPER STRONG Mounting Tape, for outdoor use. It is available in some hardware stores or like office supply stores. Ask around...

Roll of 1.5metres cost about 6 euros. If you are from USA it is probably much cheaper as everything is there.

kloner

Aerial DP
there is a white colored tape, there is a grey colored tape and theres a clear tape all called vhb, if you can, get the clear gel one...... it has a red liner and when you look at it from the side, you can kinda make out the clear part..... the grey is pretty good, but the white like they sell us in the kit is usually the hardest of the three.... my rig loves the clear best

kloner

Aerial DP
that's the one, see above the ad in the link it has the loctite one, that works the same, exact same stuff. my friends can't find the scotch one and i can never find the loctite one, but we all use them on single rotors, now i use it on these

Dewster

I use Scotch 5lb mount tape. It's strong enough to secure ceramic plates to walls. It keeps my WKM nice and snug. Because of the plastic materiel used on the WKM it also makes it easy to remove when needed. It's strong. Just watch what surfaces you put it on so that you won't crud up your nice gear. The plastic parts allow for the tape to bond and you can still remove the mass when you rebuild. Don't put it on rough metal surfaces like the Voltage regulator. It'll just make a mess when you have to remove it.

I use a sticky-on-both-sides foam sandwich material. It is approx. 2mm thick, A4 in size and is usually sold as a 2 sheet package for around £1.50. Most arts and crafs retailers seem to sell it. It is easy to use and can be cut with scissors to your required size. If it ever needs replacing it peels off easily and then remove any sticky residue with white spirit.

kloner

Aerial DP
that clear stuff comes off as easy as it goes on, zero anything left behind. it stretches when you pull it and it makes it release. Really weird stuff. it also is made to hang plates, think it's 2.5 pounds on the label

Fxt4me

Having a hard time finding the clear stuff or the locktite in my small town but can get the 3m exterior mounting tape in grey and do have some Lepage No More Nails that looks similar.. When I remount the naza should I cut the middle of the tape out like the stock 3m pads or just tape the whole bottom of the Naza to the F450 bottom? Also Kloner I think I saw you tape the VU, I just used zip ties, does the tape help prevent vibrations and is this important for the VU?

kloner

Aerial DP
the grey is good. i've been using whole pieces nothing cut out

anything but this you see stuck down on my rig is Welders contact adhesive. Just hate a grip of zip ties on my rig. cleans it up

Fxt4me

I will just tape it down with no hole. I thought maybe the square cut out was needed for the barometer.
Thanks Kloner keep up the great flying and teaching.

kloner

Aerial DP
they do it to keep air bubbles from trapping so it sits level, but now we have imu cali if there is a problem with drifting

no problem, I'm off in an hour to burn through a pile of batteries fpv in Diego, hope they all come back