Remote zoom options

Buzz_Roavr

I found a Sony CX410VE on eBay and just snapped it up ex display... LANC cable ordered from Gentles. Will let you know how I get on!!

Ronan

I found a Sony CX410VE on eBay and just snapped it up ex display... LANC cable ordered from Gentles. Will let you know how I get on!!

Good to hear!

I just purchased a Sony HDR-PJ810/B and now looking to get the LANC cable + multiport adapter. Then a 2 axis gimbal...

ZAxis

LANC & video for Sony Cx cameras has been discussed before, this link may be interesting....
http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?5491-Sony-Lanc-AV-cables&highlight=Sony+LANc+video
We got a right angled bare wire cable and made our own connections. The straight out cable was fouling our gimbal.

We have used one for a long time. It's really good as a camera but do make sure to allow for the BOSS system getting in the way when you pan or tilt. It puts a bit of a lag in the action.
Droider posted some video of the CX410 being zoomed in flight some time ago, it was surprisingly steady.

andy

Last edited by a moderator:

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Just been reading this thread, trying to find more info about filming with the CX410. I have problems with the BOSS system in that it seems to do little wobbles now and again. They completely disappear with post stabilization, but it would be better if they weren't there at all. Does anyone else get this? Also my live video out only shows the DJI Mini OSD info and not any camera info. Is there a way to get the camera to show some info on the live feed through lanc? I just want to see if I'm recording or not really, and maybe the camera battery level, just for peace of mind.

Maverick

Just been reading this thread, trying to find more info about filming with the CX410. I have problems with the BOSS system in that it seems to do little wobbles now and again. They completely disappear with post stabilization, but it would be better if they weren't there at all. Does anyone else get this? Also my live video out only shows the DJI Mini OSD info and not any camera info. Is there a way to get the camera to show some info on the live feed through lanc? I just want to see if I'm recording or not really, and maybe the camera battery level, just for peace of mind.

Hey Jonathan,

There are 3 options within the menu, on my CX410VE, for the B.O.S.S. system - OFF - STANDARD - and - ACTIVE. Maybe just try Standard, if you're getting slight 'hunting'... The Active is more for servo driven gimbals I think... Are you flying it on a BLG....?

As for the LIVE OUT, I think from memory, when I first got mine, and also noticed that, that the camera info doesn't overlay onto the video out, which actually suited me, as it would have been too cluttered and overlapping, when the mini OSD is there too... What I do, is flip the camera screen round 180°, so that when it's closed in tight to the camera, it's facing outward. That way I can see the necessary info, before I take off for each flight...

Each time I mount it on a tripod, I turn off the B.O.S.S. because it seems to 'hunt' while absolutely still...

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Hi dude, thanks, it's on a brushless gimbal. I think I tried standard and active but didn't seem to make much difference. It's ok about the overlay, can live with it - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting. Just if you're somewhere noisy it's hard to tell if the record was pressed properly and the gimbal is really narrow, for camcorders, so I have to get right in there to see.

Love the zoom. I found out it's possible to get the GH4 to zoom with a couple of lenses also, but don't have a GH4 yet so haven't tried.

Maverick

Hi dude, thanks, it's on a brushless gimbal. I think I tried standard and active but didn't seem to make much difference. It's ok about the overlay, can live with it - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting. Just if you're somewhere noisy it's hard to tell if the record was pressed properly and the gimbal is really narrow, for camcorders, so I have to get right in there to see.

Love the zoom. I found out it's possible to get the GH4 to zoom with a couple of lenses also, but don't have a GH4 yet so haven't tried.

There was a red LED that came with Lanc Control V1.0 It flashed in different sequences to let you know if you were recording/shooting stills. This way you can be sure. I checked their website, and V1.0 is no longer available, but when I got my V1.1, I emailed them enquiring about the red LED, and he said if I wanted it, he could post it out to me, but I'd have to solder it on to the V1.1 board myself.... It's in their original video here :

This is what you need :
attachment.php

Their website is : https://www.mikrocontroller.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 216

Maverick

If you go to Maplin's or CPC or your local electronics store, you can buy a small LED, and just solder it to pads LE+ and LE- on your V1.1 board. This will work the same, and the flash sequence will still be the same as in V1.0.

Buzz_Roavr

Hey Jonathan,

There are 3 options within the menu, on my CX410VE, for the B.O.S.S. system - OFF - STANDARD - and - ACTIVE. Maybe just try Standard, if you're getting slight 'hunting'... The Active is more for servo driven gimbals I think... Are you flying it on a BLG....?

As for the LIVE OUT, I think from memory, when I first got mine, and also noticed that, that the camera info doesn't overlay onto the video out, which actually suited me, as it would have been too cluttered and overlapping, when the mini OSD is there too... What I do, is flip the camera screen round 180°, so that when it's closed in tight to the camera, it's facing outward. That way I can see the necessary info, before I take off for each flight...

Each time I mount it on a tripod, I turn off the B.O.S.S. because it seems to 'hunt' while absolutely still...

This is exactly what I do on a AV130. Works great!

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I'll try turning completely off for a test and see how that goes. Are you shooting at 50 fps or 25 higher quality btw, to anyone using the same camera that is?

Old Man

Kloner,

Since you're usually on the cutting edge of everything perhaps you might be interested in discussing this stuff with a company up in Oregon. Hood Tech has done outrageous stuff with image stabilization and adaptive camera technology. The name Sony Handicam took on new meaning with their manipulation. I know they are always interested in new opportunities, especially those that are challenging. There's a lot of 90lb brains at Hood Tech. Ya never know, aerial cinema might be something you could talk them into making really nice things for. http://www.hoodtech.com/