Recording a flight?

Blackflip

Hi, new here.

I am totally curious about something. Is there some kind of software, where i can record every move i make with the airplane with my Futaba 8FG, and then replay it later on through the software?

Basically:

Futaba ------> PC
flying recording

then later:

Futaba <--------- PC
flying playback

rinse repeat...

is this possible, if yes, how?

Thank you for your help!!!

kloner

Aerial DP
i know eagle tree logger with osd pro and sat does it, for planes ruby does... they both show elevation, speed, stick movement, volts, watts, all kinds of stuff

shows any of the info you want on and fpv screen too

it makes google earth overlays in real time and in post.

i think ezosd has something too like this, but long sat lock wait times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackflip

Hi, thank you for your response!
I don't know if i understood correctly. Do these OSD systems record the flight data (receiver side), or the position of the sticks and knobs (sender side) at any given time?

i am trying to record movements of the futaba precicely, so that i can repeat that servo-motion later again. do you know what i mean?

example:

i press record on the futaba, and the computer starts recording. everything is on 0 at the moment.
then i turn throttle up 50% for 5 seconds, steer to the right, to the left and then turn throttle down to 0 again. stop recording.
save the file, and play it back. now the throttle goes up 50% for 5 seconds etc... without me moving the knobs of the futaba. precicely as i did before.

is that possible?

kloner

Aerial DP
they record them to internal memory on the plane side. the numbers at top are pulse widths for throttle, aileron and elevator

in your example, flight controllers like APM2.5, cc3d maybe would have ground station software that'd be the closests thing like that i know of. There is no futaba anything that does that

Malinois1

I think you are looking for like a black box type deal to play back on software that displays the aircraft and its movement virtually?

Hi, thank you for your response!
I don't know if i understood correctly. Do these OSD systems record the flight data (receiver side), or the position of the sticks and knobs (sender side) at any given time?

i am trying to record movements of the futaba precicely, so that i can repeat that servo-motion later again. do you know what i mean?

example:

i press record on the futaba, and the computer starts recording. everything is on 0 at the moment.
then i turn throttle up 50% for 5 seconds, steer to the right, to the left and then turn throttle down to 0 again. stop recording.
save the file, and play it back. now the throttle goes up 50% for 5 seconds etc... without me moving the knobs of the futaba. precicely as i did before.

is that possible?